The Digital Accelerator Graduate Programme
A recent study in the Harvard Business Review found that 96% of university Chief Academic Officers believe their graduates have the requisite skills to enter the workforce, however, only 11% of business leaders agree.
In Brighton there’s a gap between the skills university students have and the relevant skills they need. This means that graduates entering the employment market are unprepared for today’s quickly changing demands. As we shift to a digital economy, digital skills are becoming more and more important for everyone to master, let alone people just beginning their careers.
Time and time again the leading employers that we work with tell us that graduates are just not equipped with the commercial and digital skills that they expect them to have.
Our Digital Accelerator Graduate Programme consists of an immersive 3 week training course, delivered by experts at our Mac Academy in Hove. It will equip you with an essential tool kit of digital and creative skills that our employers demand, helping you to create an impressive portfolio of work that will make you that stand out applicant for any hiring manager.
The Digital Accelerator will ensure that you:
- Learn how to work to client briefs
- Practice using design and marketing software used by professionals
- Create your own portfolio website and develop an online CV
- Gain a nationally recognised digital skills diploma qualification (worth £2600)
- Understand what local opportunities are available
- Secure interviews for exciting jobs with great employers
- Improve your understanding of what employers want and practice your interview skills