Tel: 08000 280055
Working at Metrobus
Would you like a career as part of a growing team that is committed to providing outstanding customer service?
Do you enjoy a fresh challenge every day?
Does making a difference in the community where you work excite you?
If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and friendly person who would like to be a bus driver at our company, whether you currently hold a PCV licence or not, we would like to hear from you.
A bit more about Metrobus
Metrobus is part of the Go-Ahead Group plc – one of the five largest transport groups within the UK. Go-Ahead also runs several rail franchises. Metrobus was established in 1983 in Orpington, Kent and was acquired in 1999 by Go-Ahead.
In 2014 Metrobus' Crawley Depot was awarded Top National Bus Depot at the UK Bus Awards, the company won the award in 2013 and 2012 too. Also in 2012, Metrobus was awarded Transport Operator of the Year at the National Transport Awards.
Our services are concentrated in Crawley, Horsham, East Grinstead, Redhill and Reigate. We also run more rural services across to Kent and as far down as Brighton.
We operate the successful Fastway service, a partnership that involves West Sussex County Council, Surrey County Council, Crawley Borough Council and Gatwick Airport. Fastway links Crawley to Horley, serving Gatwick Airport.
Fastway uses dedicated lanes, guideways and priorities at traffic lights to improve reliability and journey times. All vehicles are fitted with CCTV and use Global Positioning System technology (GPS) for real time passenger information that is available on-line or at bus stops.
All our buses are fitted with GPS tracking equipment which allows services to be controlled more accurately. For passengers it means all routes are on the real-time information system which they can access online and know exactly when their next bus will turn up. Many bus stops are also fitted with bus stop information screens.
To attract passengers we have substantially invested in our fleet over the years. The average age of our vehicles is 5.6 years, well below the Government’s target of 8 years. All of our vehicles have engines that are Euro II and above and all our buses have low floors, making them accessible for wheelchair users and parents with buggies. The Euro engine standards set out maximum emission levels on new vehicles that are becoming increasingly stricter and thus reduce the impact the vehicles have on the environment.
As well as investment to reduce our impact on the environment, we have also invested in CCTV for security and safety of passengers and staff alike. 100% of the fleet now have CCTV installed and all of our new vehicles come fitted with CCTV as standard.
During 2014, a survey was undertaken of around 500 Metrobus users in Sussex and Surrey by the independent bus consumer watchdog Passenger Focus. The survey found that some 95% of our users were satisfied with the service provided.
What do we offer?
- A competitive wage while undergoing our comprehensive training program
- An excellent annual salary of around £22,000 after training, rising to around £27,000 after two years’ service
- Up to five weeks’ annual leave (after qualifying period)
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- Free travel on our buses for you and a nominated person
- Free smart uniform
We want people who…
- Are usually over 20 years of age, or over
- Have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Have held a full manual driving licence giving entitlement to drive in the United Kingdom, without disqualification, for a minimum of two years
- Hold a full manual driving licence with no more than 3 endorsement points. Please note that points for some offences (such as CD and DR) will stay on the licence for 11 years from conviction
- Are prepared to work early, late and weekend shifts and some Bank Holidays
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Live within 20 miles of their chosen depot
Click here to complete an online application form. We will check your application and be in touch as soon as possible.
For further information please email email@example.com or call 08000 280055 between 1000 and 1600 on Monday to Friday.
Metrobus is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please be aware that we adopt a strict zero drugs policy and as early as interview stage we will undertake drug testing on potential new drivers. If you are an illegal drug user or believe you have recently used illegal drugs, please do not apply as their detection will terminate your application
1 job with Metrobus
Join us as a Bus Driver and who knows where you can go... At Metrobus Crawley (owned by the Brighton and Hove Bus & Coach Company) we value and res...