Receptionist in Gatwick
Hours: Full Time
(What you need to be able to do)
Ensure exemplary levels of guest service are consistently maintained
Ensure our guests receive a world class welcome, fast and efficient check-in and check-out
Ensure all customer queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient and courteous manner and a follow up call is delivered within the standard time frame
Ensure a sales attitude is adopted at all times and maintain an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel
Maximisation of room sales and revenue by promoting upgrades, early check-in and late check-out’s
Adhere to all company credit policies to ensure that all revenue expected will be received
Adhere to pre-set availability and rate controls.
Ensure a high level of Product knowledge of the hotel and the
Maintain and update guest history and marketing database as laid down in the Front Office Procedures
Ensure a high level of liaison is maintained between Front Office and all other Departments within the hotel.
Ensure the Front Office Manager or Reception Manager are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either guests, customers or other departments
To deal with reservations enquiries in absence of the reservations department
To accurately record guests early morning calls, newspaper requests etc
To promote other services of the hotel, as Restaurants, bars, etc
To accurately record and deal with guests messages and faxes.
To exchange foreign currencies and traveller cheques for guests giving necessary receipts
To manage the process of Le club so guests receive their points in a timely manner and ensuring all non-members are offered enrolment and are advised of the benefits
To maintain good liaison with the housekeeping department to arrange
room moves, extra beds, daylets, early arrivals, flight delays,
late departures and double occupancy rooms
To be aware of all special promotions and daily functions run by the
hotel and to inform guests accordingly
To be aware of hotel security procedures and report any suspicious
characters to the manager on duty
To attend meetings and training’s when requested
To maintain impeccable standards of appearance and grooming, ensuring that you adhere to company Brand Standards at all times.
To be aware of fire procedures, the operation of fire fighting equipment, and evacuation procedures.
To be aware of Sofitel/Arora brands & products and promote them where possible
To work in Club Sofitel and Groups/Airport check-in ensuring you are aware of the different requirements of the reception area’s and can work un-supervised
To cover switchboard if required
To cover club lounge responsibilities if required.
To adhere to the company credit policy
Ensure that floats are counted properly and noted in the
float check book.
All of the above mentioned duties must be carried out in accordance will departmental Brand Standards.
(What you need to be)
Commitment to Guest Care
- Positive, friendly and professional manner with guests at all times
- Goes beyond guest expectation in terms of service provided
- Always displays a ‘can do’ attitude towards guests (internal & external)
- Works effectively with colleagues and other departments
- Works in a well organised and systematic way
- Goes beyond the call of duty to assist colleagues
- Educates colleagues and guests on products and services related to the smooth running of the hotel
- Understands and is articulate with all products and services offered
- Uses appropriate communication methods either written or verbal
- Thinks ahead to identify customer service needs before they arise
- Takes action and shows a sense of urgency
- Shares best practice and learns from mistakes
- Maximises sales opportunities for the purchase of products and services
- Maintains high standards and strives for excellence
- Has attention to detail
- Delivers on promises and follows up.
(What you need to have done)
- Previous customer service experience essential
- Hotel experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English language
- Computer literate
- Previous cash handling experience
- Able to stand for long periods