Food & Beverage Services Manager at Sofitel Gatwick
The Food and Beverage Services Manager will report to the F & B Operations Manager and will be responsible for assisting with management all the food and beverage departments, which include meeting and events, two restaurants, two bars, room service. Working closely with the Executive Chef, F & B Operations Manager and the Meetings & Events Sales team, the F & B Services manager is responsible for managing and leading a team of approximately 90. You will have a continual focus on achieving profitability through both revenue generation and effective cost controls as detailed in the Hotel Business Plan.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the operational activities of the Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Meetings and Events and Kitchen
- The management and leadership of the Food and Beverage team, including employee engagement, all recruitment, training and development, performance management, coaching, succession planning etc
- An integral part of the management team, attending all scheduled meetings and contributes actively with advanced preparation
- Driving guest satisfaction by ensuring consistently excellent levels of customer service
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety/food hygiene regulations
- Evaluating changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary
What we are looking for?
- 3 - 4 years food and beverage management experience, preferably in the luxury market
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting, menu engineering, sales, and marketing
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Must be an example of the Sofitel Values, brand standards, and a champion of grooming and appearance guidelines