EVENTS SALES MANAGER (Market leading media business)
Our client's Hospitality Division focusses purely on the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel sector, with 5 different brands.It’s a dynamic and exciting market in which we organise a rich variety of events ranging from very large awards ceremonies for 1300 people, to overseas study tours, business clubs, conferences and round tables.
This is a hybrid role combining Event Sales with telemarketing and man management.
The core objectives include:
• Ensuring high attendance at our series of events (free to attend and paid for)
• Developing key contacts within the industry
• Effectively managing an Events Sales Executive
Delegate and Participant Sales Campaigns
Calling contacts from internal and external lists to promote; forthcoming conferences, networking lunches; awards; delegate volumes and revenues for these events
• Developing and maintaining prospect lists for one-off and repeat events
• Maintaining a high call rate, and conversion rate from these calls
• Advise clients on the content and importance of events to maximise entries and attendance.
Development of Key Buying Contacts
• Working with the events team to identify key data contacts and companies within our sector
• Actively building relationships with these contacts to ensure that our client's products are their chosen source of critical business information
• Managing enquiries on a daily/weekly basis
• Calendar and diary management to maximise productivity and efficiency
• Accurately maintain customer records and history for all attendees on appropriate systems.
• Complete daily call sheets/reports accurately.
• Prepare reports on own events or competitors results as and when requested.
• Call and chase finalists/VIPS where necessary
• Sending out email marketing when needed
• Maintain mailing lists working with the data manager
• Developing and maintaining databases of contact
• Keeping abreast of industry developments
• Building relationships throughout the industry
• Monitor all relevant competitor events in order to obtain regular/new business opportunities.
• Keep up-to-date with our client's products and services.
• Develop first class knowledge of the hospitality division’s titles and events, their competitors and industries served. At Events
• Attend events where applicable
• Experienced Events Sales professional, ideally with experience selling across a B2B events portfolio
• Experience maintaining call rates and working to targets
• Comfortable with deadlines
• Keen interest in the hospitality sector
• Confident phone manner
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Networker and relationship builder
• Experience mentoring and managing staff
• Competitive salary
• 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
• Contributory pension
• Life Assurance
• Group Income Protection Scheme