Transport & Logistics Administrator
Shoreham Port is a modern, forward thinking Port, located on the outskirts of Brighton. We are seeking an administrator to work in our fast paced operations office, providing administrative support on all aspects of operations, shipping and forwarding. Ideally we are looking for someone with a minimum of two years’ of administrative experience.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilites
- Administration of the Operations Division – rotating to learn all aspects of operations, shipping and forwarding
- Communicate with customers and hauliers/contractors
- Undertake weighbridge operations
- Administer our bespoke ‘Track-A-Pack’ stock control system
- Action customer requirements with accuracy and efficiency
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong administration skills
- Inquisitive – desire to learn
- Team player
- Customer Service orientated
Previous administrative experience, particularly the use of excel spreadsheets and bespoke software packages would be advantageous. Shoreham Port covers a large site so a driving license would also be beneficial for occasional on site travel.
What you'll get from us
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment
- Other wide ranging benefits
Training will be arranged for the successful candidate to support development needs.
The closing date is 21st October, with interviews being held on 7th and 8th November 2016.
Please download an application form and submit your application to: email@example.com
For full details about this vacancy please download the job description.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Permanent Administration Logistics jobs in Shoreham-By-Sea
- Full Time Permanent Administration Export jobs in Shoreham-By-Sea
- Full Time Permanent Administration Import jobs in Shoreham-By-Sea
- Full Time Permanent Administration Shipping jobs in Shoreham-By-Sea
- Full Time Permanent Administration Transport jobs in Shoreham-By-Sea