Office Support Apprentice
As a business and office support apprentice you'll be working within a small team to provide support to management in a range of operational and administrative based tasks as well as dealing with customers based in the UK for an education art and crafts company specialising in supporting teaching and schools.
We are an education art and crafts company specialising in supporting teaching in Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage two using art materials. We work with schools, nurseries end educational professionals to meet their art resource needs. We are looking for an office support apprentice to work alongside our senior management to deliver essential office and business support for the team.
You’ll be helping with:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Digital business support and data-basing
- Answering all incoming telephone calls.
- Liaising with the company’s manufacturing factory in Manchester.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Managing customer accounts.
- Placing a monthly stationery order.
- Processing orders.
- Buying products from suppliers.
- Managing stock levels.
- Being involved in some packing and distribution.
- Elements of data input.
- Basic accounting.
- Scanning and photocopying.
- Keeping all filing up to date.
- Assisting with the running and auditing of the Quality Management Systems.
We are looking for someone with really good organisational skills with a good level of written English and excellent communication skills. A bonus would be experience or understanding of the Early Years or teaching sector and/or a enjoyment of art and crafts!
A really strong work ethic (we’re a small company we expect you to get stuck in), able to work independently as you won’t have someone looking over your shoulder the whole time. A good sense of fun.
- At least 5 GCSEs grades A-C or equivalent