Apprentice Recreation Assistant (lifeguard)
Post Title: Apprentice Recreation Assistant (lifeguard)
Organisation: Serco LTD - The Sovereign Centre
Hours: Weekly rotation – week 1: Tue-Fri 0930-1530, week 2: Mon-Wed 1400-2000 & Sat-Sun 12:30-18:30, week 3: Mon 09:30-15:30 , Thurs-Fri 14:00-20:00, Sat-Sun 12:30-18:30
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Salary: £5.00 per hour
Training Provider: Swim UK
Apprenticeship Title: Level 2 Active IQ NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, learning and well-being and operational services
The Apprentice Recreation Assistants role is to work within the leisure centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
The Apprentice Recreation Assistant will:
- Provide supervision of swimming pools ensuring customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents, taking the appropriate action in the events of these occurring.
- Provide supervision of dry side activities ensuring that customer safety is the primary focus.
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities.
- Undertake cleaning tasks as and when required to ensure the centre remains well presented, monitoring standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets.
- Monitor customer use within the centre ensuring that unsafe practices are dealt with promptly and reported as appropriate
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
Desirable qualities/ skills required:
- Ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive.
- Ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies.
- Customer care skills.
- Communication skills.
- The ability to set and achieve high standards of centre cleanliness and presentation.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- The ability to deal with customers of all age groups and levels of ability.
- Sustain a level of fitness to enable the physical aspects of the position to be undertaken.
- Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement.
- High personal integrity and motivation.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- An open, honest and confident personality.
- Flexible attitude.
Annual Leave: 25 days
Eligibility: If you have completed a degree then unfortunately you will not be eligible for funding for an Apprenticeship.