Apprentice Food and Beverage Waiter / Waitress
4 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for a career in hospitality? An exciting opportunity with The Schooner Inn for a waiter / waitress. This is a government funded apprenticeship, you will work towards a Level 2 NVQ in food & beverage service
30 hours shift work
12 - 15 months
Possible start date
2 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Interested in learning the ropes of running a pub?
Come and join The Schooner as a Food and Beverage Assistant and show us what you've got.
- We're looking for someone who is happy to work hard and learn, but who will also bring some fun and flowing conversation for our regular customers. The right candidate will not be afraid to roll their sleeves up, bring some fresh ideas and show willing to want to develop themselves.
- Having only had the pub for a relatively short amount of time, we are now looking to grow the business, and if you're there to help us do it, progression opportunities will become a definite possibility.
What you'll be doing:
- Serving customers - making them feel welcome and chatting with them
- Bar work - serving drinks and food
- Cellar work - preparing barrels /beers for consumption
- Restocking bar & preparing bar for opening
- Food preparation & service,
- Cleaning of areas open to customers
- Cleaning back of house areas - bar & kitchen
- Ordering & rotating stock
- All tasks involved with getting pub ready for opening
- Health and Safety checks
- Helping with events
Although there will be a certain routine, no 2 days will be the same, and someone with initiative and a passion for learning about the industry will thrive here.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills You need to have a keen interest in the catering Industry and be dedicated to working towards your NVQ.
Personal qualities You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Qualifications required No qualifications required.
Future prospects On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
About the employer Located 4 miles west of Brighton and Hove, the Schooner is pleased to offer a classic pub experience in a relaxed & inviting environment. With a grand view of Lady Bee Marina we offer craft ales on constant rotation and a modest but lovingly created wine menu. The bar also has a selection of spirits to entice the most discerning drinker.