6 days left
- Full Time
Barnett Hill Country House Hotel is a beautiful Queen Anne style property set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodland; sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty.
Located only 15 minutes from Guildford town, Surrey and 45 mins from central London, Barnett Hill is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed rural setting.
Dating back to 1905, the Queen Anne style property was the dream of Frank Cook, Grandson of renowned travel agent ‘Thomas Cook’. Since 1944 Barnett Hill has been used for training, conference and events, with bedrooms later being added; to date it now serves as a beautiful property for leisure, dining, wedding and conference events.
Bedrooms at Barnett Hill show historic and contemporary personalities. Each room is individually decorated, comfortable and finely appointed. Barnett Hill offers 59 en-suite bedrooms; many offered in the main house and others located in an adjacent bespoke accommodation building.
Butlers Restaurant operates throughout the week catering for resident and non resident guests and can seat 40/45 guests. There is also Barnett Hill Bar and Traditional Afternoon Tea is offered each day.
Functions, conferences and weddings are a big part of the business at Barnett Hill.
There are 15 meeting rooms catering for up to 70 guests and 3 suites for Civil Ceremonies.
A cheerful, energetic person with a good eye for detail is needed to assist our Chefs with the smooth running of the Kitchen at Barnett Hill Hotel.
Without a clean, well presented environment with clean, hot plates a kitchen fails. You will be key to us achieving excellent standards for our guests by supporting our chefs with the following duties;
- Completing general kitchen cleaning duties
- Operating the dishwasher to ensure all cutlery, crockery is cleaned in a timely fashion, stacked and ready for service
- Refilling the hot plate ready for service each dining session to ensure guests get hot food!
- Deep cleaning tasks as outlined on the kitchens cleaning schedule
- Delivery through all these tasks of exceptional kitchen hygiene standards
- Assisting in providing a safe, secure and appealing environment by adhering to the company Health &Safety Policies ensuring all kitchen areas are compliant.
- Assisting Chefs with some basic food preparation.
- 40 hrs 5 days per week, working early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
- No formal qualifications required but a good standard of English
- Good eye for detail
- Energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced volume environment
- Previous employment in a food service business helpful
- £15,000 (40 hrs per week)
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for KITCHEN PORTER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly