Manager - Vendor Management, Point of Sale Industry
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The GMS PCG - Global Merchant Technical Consulting team has an excellent opportunity for a high performing individual who will be responsible for establishing and deepening relationships with Point Of Sale (POS) Vendors. This will include POS manufacturers, VARs, and Payment Solution Providers. This individual will focus on new payment form factors (EMV, NFC, mobile, contactless, etc.) that are being introduced in multiple markets. The role will include reactive and proactive work streams, including: issue circumvention, research, analysis and consultation. The successful candidate will be required to work with technologies, World Service, GMS, GNB and other internal and external organizations requiring a high level of relationship building and excellent communication skills.
- Oversee the creation, implementation and execution of the overall POS Vendor Management process
- Attend payment industry conferences
- Implement a proactive Vendor communication strategy
- Create a third party Vendor registration program
- Build and foster relationships with Business and Technology Partners in order to execute on agreed goals and initiatives
- Core focus for issue analysis, resolution and consultation involving merchant POS acceptance issues on the American Express Merchant Network
- Raise, escalate and manage issues to appropriate support teams to ensure timely resolution
- Perform analysis reporting of case work and disruption issue incidents, impacts, gaps and trends
- Identify and escalate to Business and Technology process owners demand management and improvement opportunities
- Payments process/platform issue resolution and coordination with business groups and technologies for analysis, evaluation, prevention planning, global team support and network gap identification
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience solving complex, technical issues – preferably in the Merchant Network space, including solving process issues, network disruption support, and/or technical process support experience
- Knowledge of Point of Sale terminals, Hardware/Software
- Knowledge of the key systems and processes linked to payment networks and acquirer businesses
- Knowledge of GMS business, its cost structure and supporting system capabilities
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and deliver in crisis situations
- Results driven, comfortable with technical content, strong direct and influential leadership skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, analytical and computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship management skills and problem solving ability
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong Change Management Skills, ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Experience using MerchantForce or SalesForce.com case management system preferred
- Excellent MS Office skills preferred Educational Requirement
- BS/MBA or equivalent industry experience
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).