Apprentice HGV/LGV Mechanic
To assist in:
- The maintenance and repair of all types of petrol and diesel engines vehicles, planet, and machinery.
- Carrying out regular, cyclical safety/roadworthiness inspections and MOT preparations.
- Diagnosing vehicle defects using diagnostic equipment.
- Carrying out general repairs and major overhauls or replacement of engines and gearboxes.
- Attending vehicle breakdowns and conducting roadside repairs as necessary.
- Carrying out automotive electrical work.
- Carrying out gas and electrical welding.
- Completing all documentation including job sheets and PMI sheets, using PDAs where required.
- To be responsible for other tasks to ensure the running of the business, e.g. ordering parts, stock takes, Health & Safety training and general good husbandry.