Business Navigator Project Manager
Job title: Business Navigator Project Manager – Business Navigator Service, Coast to Capital
Salary range: £25,000 to £28,000
Term: Fixed term from 9th January 2017 until 31st March 2018 with the potential of an extension to 31st March 2019 (subject to funding)
Location: The post will involve frequent travel throughout the Coast to Capital area: Coastal West Sussex; Brighton and Hove; Mid & North Sussex; East Surrey and Croydon
Accountable to Head of Services, Coast to Capital
Coast to Capital is the local enterprise partnership for one of the most exciting
and successful parts of England. Our area covers Croydon, East Surrey, West
Sussex, Brighton and Hove, and Lewes: an area with excellent international
connectivity and a high concentration of growing businesses of all sizes across a
range of sectors.
We are looking for a flexible manager to undertake some key roles from within our small Business Navigator team based in Shoreham by Sea. Coast to Capital are seeking a rare combination of knowledge and expertise in an overseas market that the Department for International Trade has highlighted as a partner within the DIT’s matchmaker programme. We also seek a mix of specialist skills to undertake and lead on this key market as well as an expert knowledge of businesses, partners, stakeholder in the Coast to Capital area. We seek an applicant who also has an exceptional grasp of the strategic priorities of Coast to Capital and the operations arrangement for the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy who have funded Coast to Capital Business Navigator Growth Hub service. We also require an individual who has 2 years experience in the strategic, operational and delivery of a business support signposting service.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager as a key member of the Business Navigator team you will have a key role ensuring that the service is delivered effectively and efficiently and that the activity is accurately reported to colleagues and stakeholders
- Project manage the Business Navigator service
- Manage the Shoreham by Sea office
- Support the Head of Services and Partnership Manager with stakeholder and partner engagement and input into the strategic direction of the Business Navigator service
- Produce reports on the support provided by the Business Navigator Team at levels of detail appropriate to the individual stakeholders e.g. at an area partnership level
- Oversee the evaluation and business mapping exercises and help identify local business support services and changes to existing services
- Attend BEIS (Dept. for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy) strategic & operational Growth Hub meetings as required, this will sometimes require travelling across the Coast to Capital region. The area is as follows: West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, Lewes, Croydon, Epsom and Ewell, Reigate & Banstead, Mole Valley and Tandridge
- Support the production of reports for the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the accountable body
- Monitor and engage with Department for International Trade (DIT) on the matchmaker scheme. Specifically, produce research reports on key sector links between matched locations and UK businesses for proposals for inward investment.
- Facilitate introductions and meetings between identified businesses to trade in the UK
- Increase knowledge and engagement with strategic stakeholders in the Coast to Capital region. Meet with all area partnerships and local authorities to gain input on economic strategies.
- Organise and administer regular training sessions of support services in the area to the rest of the team.
- Ensure all policies and procedures for project delivery are being adhered to and update when necessary.
At times there will be a requirement to travel across the Coast to Capital area and attend occasional events some held during out of office hours including weekend and evenings.
The job holder will be required to attend occasional meetings in the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership region which includes Croydon, East Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and Lewes areas.
Job knowledge, skills and competencies
Working in Shoreham within a small team, you will have the following attributes:
- Understanding of local and national business support services and how they contribute to business growth
- Experienced Customer Service Representative or business support/enquiry handling background
- A minimum of two years experience in managing services and/or staff
- Knowledge and expertise in an overseas market to support international trade with the UK
- Expert knowledge of businesses, partners, stakeholders in the Coast to Capital area. As well as an exceptional grasp of the strategic priorities of Coast to Capital and the operations arrangement for the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy funded Coast to Capital Business Navigator Growth Hub service.
- 2 years experience required in the strategic, operational and delivery of a business support signposting service.
- Excellent People Skills / Effective Communicator
- Ability to operate as part of a team across a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience in monitoring and managing customer relationship management (CRM) systems is essential. Specific use of CRM.me or Salesforce systems will be considered an asset
- MS Office skills essential; Outlook, Word, Excel
CRIMINAL RECORDS BUREAU
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance and Coast to Capital expects employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Coast to Capital to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a DBS check or Basic Disclosure. You must ensure that the appropriate form is completed and returned as requested as this will form a contractual requirement.
If you require a criminal record check, you must allow Coast to Capital to retain a copy of the disclosure certificate within your personal file. If you fail to disclose any caution, reprimand or conviction which is later identified on your DBS check you may be subject to disciplinary action and Coast to Capital has the right to suspend or dismiss you.
Further information about Coast to Capital may be found at our website: www.coast2capital.org.uk
To make an application please send, by 30th November 2016, a full CV with a covering statement setting out how you believe you could fulfil the requirements of this key role and the names of two referees (references will not be taken up in advance of interviews) to David Smith, Office & Finance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours. If you have not received confirmation please contact David Smith on 01403 333840 to ensure we have received your application.
Please feel free to call Malcolm Brabon, if you would like more information – 07717 281883 or email@example.com
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy 2015-2021 is available on request.