The role would be to support children to develop through project-based learning. Apprentices work a 32-hour week hands-on with the children working alongside a team of qualified educators and our five in-house artists.
In addition to your 32 hours, you would study for eight hours each week in the nursery’s study suite towards a CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification in partnership with Northbrook College.
Reflections Nursery is a triple-Outstanding setting in the heart of Worthing town centre, open Monday to Friday 7.30am until 6.30pm operating all year round. We draw inspiration from the pre-schools of Reggio Emilia and Educators joining our team are supported in this way of working as part of their induction.
We closely observe, listen and record the children's thoughts and theories during their investigations and use these to enhance the environment to further aid their enquiries. We value the children's contributions to our community and strive to share these in the wider community hosting Professional Development Days for other like-minded educators, hosting exhibitions in the local town celebrating the children's voices and we publish books to help our educators reflect on their own practice too.
Typical Duties include:
- Greeting parents and their child at the beginning and end of the day
- Logging all children and visitor details, who are in or visiting the nursery
- Setting up each classroom for the days activities
- Noting and recording each childs responses to said activities
- Assisting guest visitors/speakers and practitioners with their activities
- Following all health and safety
- Fully participating in safe guarding procedures
Reflections Nursery is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, staff and volunteers within the setting. All staff will be expected to undertake a full DBS check, the cost will be met by Reflections Nursery in the first instance.