Are you a Buyer who is looking to work with an exciting manufacturing company based in Worthing? Then this is the job is for you! The Buyer is a key role in initiating effective fulfilment of direct customer orders and in-direct Organisation needs. The role will involve the shared responsibility in the requisitioning and purchase of supplies and equipment among a team of existing buyers. You will require the use of independent judgement and initiative in the review of specifications, quotations and placement of purchase orders. Performance of these duties requires a good working knowledge of typical purchasing procedures and experience of a manufacturing environment.
* To support the Purchasing Team in development and maintenance of a framework of suitably qualified vendors, to support our material, facility and business needs.
* Compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment.
* Receives, examines and processes requisitions and Sales Order requirements.
* Prepares bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment.
* Interviews and corresponds with vendors; keeps informed of new products, market conditions and trends.
* Confers with and assists members of all departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
* Ensure internal work orders are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
* Liaise with external suppliers.
* Maintain material availability data and feed into the production schedule, in conjunction with the wider purchasing chain team, and production manager to enable accurate production planning.
* Support the sales team with accurate estimates for materials and deliveries to assist the bid & tender process.
* Assist with stock control tasks, interim count analysis and data entry. Reporting summary data to the wider manufacturing and accounts departments.
* Keep up to date with progress on orders to ensure timely delivery - (Expediting).
* Meet with requirements of internal and external audit examination
* Provide support and assistance to identify and resolve customer product selection issues
* Manage and develop a supportive working relationship and improve the information flow with other members of the Operations Team, such as Customer Service, Documentation, Design and Production.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Previous procurement experience is a necessity.
* A background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of office procedures and computerised order management systems.
* Good written and verbal communication skills with an organised approach to work.
* Experience in working under pressure to tight deadlines with a meticulous eye for detail.
* A Level standard education / CIPS advantageous.
For further information please call Michelle Smith on 01273 855005 or email email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.