IT Support Technician (1st Line)
2 days left
- Full Time
The post is part of IS Infrastructure team. The team has a remit to design, implement, manage and support all of the Company’s global IT Infrastructure, includes networks, servers, cloud storage, cloud email, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, print services user provisioning and helpdesk management.
The post is responsible for 1st Line IT Support functions for multiple systems including desktop, server, network and mobile devices. Helpdesk administration and user account provisioning. Assisting other IT departments with their IT requirements, as advised by the Assistant Director IS Infrastructure.
INTO’s Mission: Through innovative partnerships with leading universities we expand opportunities for higher education, ensuring success and transforming the lives of our students and staff.
Across the world, there is increasing demand for top quality higher education, with more and more students demanding access to provision beyond their home country. INTO partners with universities in three continents to address this global demand and help transform their international capacity and performance. Since 2006, we have successfully launched 21 partnerships with 19 universities in Europe, North America and Asia. We have enrolled over 50,000 students from 166 countries and now have about 1600 employees, based round the world.
Our Mission is underpinned by five core values: Purpose, Partnership, Performance, Passion and Pride. We seek employees who share these values in an organisation which has a diversity of talent specialisms and cultures.
Our website http://www.into-corporate.com/ has details of how we are organised and our outstanding achievements so far.
Key accountabilities and duties
- Provide 1st line technical support to all INTO staff within the office and Global staff over telephone and email, or logged on the corporate Helpdesk; act as the first contact for all hardware, software and other IT related issues.
- Desktop and Laptop support, with Windows and Mac OSX operating systems.
- Provide 1st line support for the network environments in all Company offices.
- New computer equipment builds, and rebuilds of existing equipment as required.
- Helpdesk administration, ensuring that all Helpdesk tickets are resolved within the required timeframe for all IT support staff.
- Account creation and termination across all INTO systems for all new and leaving staff.
- Assist with the induction and training process of new and existing staff.
- For new workspaces ensuring that data points and power points are available to staff and install new equipment.
- Working on other IUP IT projects as requested by the Director Global IS Infrastructure, this could include travel to other INTO offices.
- Contribute to the development of IT systems and processes within the INTO worldwide.
- Log support calls, provide status updates to users, and escalate as appropriate to other team members.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a way that is easily understood to customers and stakeholders.
- Assist with the Account provisioning process for all Staff.
- Assist with setting up of new staff hardware and inductions.
The job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request. We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
These are 7 ½ hours, and we provide support cover between the hours of 8:00 – 18:00 and work to a rota to ensure these ours are covered, and with handoff to other globally located support teams.
At certain times of year some evening and weekend work will be required as part of this role and a flexible approach to working hours will be expected.
The post is based in Brighton, UK. Occasional travel within the UK and globally may be necessary and flexibility is required to meet the demands of the post, including occasional weekend working. The post holder may be reasonably required to work from any INTO or Partner location at any time.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- references will be followed up;
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
- reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18;
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role may meet the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If so, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Apply for IT Support Technician (1st Line)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly