Residential Support Worker - Days
Residential Support Worker - Lingfield, Surrey £9.32- £10.47 / 35 - 42 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Are you looking for a support worker job where there is a genuine opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people with disabilities? Not only is the money good, but there is free transport to and from Lingfield from Three Bridges Crawley.
You don't need to have vast experience for this support worker job. You'll receive specialised training with opportunities for further learning and development along the way.
You'll be supporting young people with epilepsy, learning disabilities and neurological conditions up to the age of 25. The work is varied and you'll expect to be involved in various different elements of their lives including:
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* To create in conjunction with other members of staff a caring, safe and acceptable atmosphere.
* Supporting at all times the long term aim for student independence by encouraging the growth of these skills.
* To lead and participate in various recreational, educational and social activities and to accompany students either to other areas of the site or off site for scheduled meetings or activities.
* To undertake the role of Keyworker for a specified number of students, with special responsibility to ensure a consistency of the support provided and to identify any issues concerning development.
* Attending meetings, in conjunction with the line manager.
What You'll Need:
- 6 months previous experience in Care
- Your commitment for a minimum of three months
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check if you don't have a valid enhanced certificate dated within the last year
IMMEDIATE STARTS are available so click apply to send your CV or contact Abby Wells at the Crawley Branch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age