Product Specialist ( Applications Engineer)
Servomex, the world leader in gas analysis is currently recruiting for a Product Specialist – Analyser Products, for our UK technical centre in Crowborough, East Sussex.
Servomex is the leading provider of reliable, accurate and stable gas measurement solutions to industries across the globe.
An acknowledged innovator in gas analysis technologies for more than 60 years, the company's continual leading edge in R&D and manufacturing ensure the delivery of high-performance, cost-effective solutions through a portfolio of dependable products ranging from portable gas analysers to complex process solutions. The company operates at the forefront of the industry and works with leading multi-national companies spanning the hydrocarbon processing, industrial gas, power, semiconductor and healthcare markets. As a truly global organisation, product innovation, excellent levels of customer service and talented people are fundamental to our future success.
The Product Specialist will act as the tactical market development and applications lead for a defined group of analyser products, to drive short term business opportunities. They will understand markets and competitors, as well as resolve customer application issues, manage customer qualification trials and product type testing.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understand the target markets and competitors, and track market trends.
- Understand Company’s Product Safety and Liability requirements, including product and systems certification and compliance requirements.
- Understand the measurement principles and technologies associated with the Servomex analysers and competing products.
- To answer applications enquiries, supporting sales/customer questions in a timely manner.
- Liaise with sales teams to identify the need and manage customer field trials, communicate directly with customers, attendance at customer site when required as a technical expert.
- Lead the management of Technical Enquiries Database and ensure quick response.
- Technical support for field issues, co-ordinating activities and communicating with sales/customer.
- Field sales support for important, novel or complex opportunities.
- Technical lead and support for Sales and Service training, preparation of technical training materials
- Technical review of applications and solution for Specials (SIPS) opportunities.
- Develop and implement type test/data collection programmes.
- Participate in NPD team to ensure that needs of target applications are met, and that testing on the production line reflects application needs.
- Identify customer needs and work with the marketing communications team to generate sales support and training materials, PR etc.
- To troubleshoot applications issues and suggest solutions.
- To take a central role in the NPD process for the new product range, necessity of experimental work and verification of correctly selected absorption lines in photometric application developments
- To travel as required
- To provide relevant training and support to internal and external customers.
- To work to the Company’s policies, procedures and standards.
- To work within the Applications team and participate in promoting the overall aims and objectives.
- Degree level or equivalent
- A track record of working within an Applications/ Product Specialist position
- Proven experience working with gas analysers and applications.
- Process Chemistry experience
- Strong communication, analytical and creative problem solving skill
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships with cross- functional teams
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
Servomex offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with its status as a world class organisation committed to high performance, customer focus and employee empowerment.