Systems Project Engineer
Servomex, the world leader in gas analysis is currently recruiting for a Systems Project Engineer to work in our Technical Centre in Crowborough.
Servomex is the leading provider of reliable, accurate and stable gas measurement solutions to industries across the globe.
An acknowledged innovator in gas analysis technologies for more than 60 years, the company's continual leading edge in R&D and manufacturing ensure the delivery of high-performance, cost-effective solutions through a portfolio of dependable products ranging from portable gas analysers to complex process solutions. The company operates at the forefront of the industry and works with leading multi-national companies spanning the hydrocarbon processing, industrial gas, power, semiconductor and healthcare markets. As a truly global organisation, product innovation, excellent levels of customer service and talented people are fundamental to our future success.
The Systems Project Engineer will be responsible for conceptual design, detailed design, project management and commercial issues related to Servomex System projects.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support quotation stage of projects for materials specification and commercial review.
- Upon order placement, attend kick off meeting and take responsibility of overall project coordination.
- Interface with customers, vendors, sales representative companies and Servomex Regional Sales Managers in order to provide a system design that meets the customer’s expectations within the Servomex cost budget and delivered on time.
- Manage the project to verify that parts are delivered when required and labour resources are available to meet the project schedule dates. Notify the System Engineering Manager as soon as possible conflicts / issues arise so corrective action can be taken.
- Administer the SAP work order to make sure component parts are specified and ordered on time. Review job shortages to make sure project schedule will not be adversely affected.
- Either produce a set of CAD drawings or direct Designer / Draftsperson so that system drawings are prepared correctly and submitted on time to the customer.
- Write test specification of engineered system
- Assist production and test personnel to make sure the system is built and tested to specifications.
- Coordinate and take charge of any Factory Acceptance Tests required.
- Support the shipping and accounts receivable departments with documentation on systems for proper shipment and receipt of payment per project contract.
- A relevant degree (chemical/electrical/instrumentation).
- A proven track record of performing a Project Engineer position within a similar industry.
- Experience in the management of Analyser systems.
- Working knowledge of Analyser Systems Integration components.
- Working knowledge of standards/codes applicable to Systems Integration globally.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- SAP preferable
- Willingness to travel.
Servomex offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with its status as a world class organisation committed to high performance, customer focus and employee empowerment.
Apply for Systems Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly