Deputy Manager - Residential
37.5 hours per week
Salary: £21,537 per annum - £23,045 per annum (depending on relevant qualifications, skills and experience)
Deputy Manager required for a residential service in Horley. The company is a specialist registered charity enriching the lives of people who have sight loss and other disabilities, including learning and physical disabilities, mental health difficulties, acquired brain injury and life limiting conditions.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Assess residents and prospective residents and develop appropriate care plans in line with other professional workers involved in their care and support.
* Plan, develop, maintain and facilitate opportunities for users to maximise the use of community facilities and to have regular contact where appropriate with parents, friends, relatives and carers in accordance with identified care plans and actively foster good relationships with the local community.
* Ensure that resident's needs and wants are allowed to influence the service delivery and that the individuals are familiar with financial arrangements relating to their accommodation and personal allowances, and help where necessary to maximise their welfare benefits.
* Ensure high professional standards are maintained giving appropriate attention to resident's physical, emotional, social, educational, employment and recreational needs.
* Participate in the Keyworker system and reviews, which will include the co-ordination of individual plans for residents and preparing written information and progress reports for reviews
* Plan and organise effective cover arrangements, operate the rota system and overtime policy as necessary for the effective running of the Home.
* Plan and record regular staff meetings and other meetings in the absence of the Registered Manager to ensure effective communications.
* Plan and maintain regular Supervision sessions with staff.
* Undertake finance and administrative tasks, write reports and maintain records
You will have a background in social care. Supervisory experience is preferred. You will also be professional, flexible and passionate about supporting individuals to reach their potential.
The role involves managing the service alongside the Registered Manager to ensure the service is CQC compliant, supervising the staff team and supporting the 7 residents in all aspects of their lives. Leadership training will be provided and an opportunity to achieve QCF Level 5.
Satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
If you are interested in this role please click apply to submit your CV or call Abby in the Crawley branch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.