To work as a team member implementing and helping developing care plans for residents that meet personal and social care needs in such a way to respect personal choice and dignity of the individual while aiding independence, in accordance with Melrose assessment and policies.
Please note successful candidates will need to complete a 3 month probation period for this role, before they start Apprenticeship training.
Typical duties will include:
- To help residents who need assistance with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet
- To help care for resident’s temporarily sick and needing minor dressings, bed nursing (under the supervision of an RN)
- To help promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, involving them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- To assist with day trips/visits
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, empty commodes and undertake some domestic duties as required
- To inspect and launder residents clothing
- To set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents needing help, wash up tidy and clear the dining room as required
- To answer all bells, emergency bells, the front door, greet visitors and the telephone if the RN is unavailable
- To work within the context of Melrose policy and procedures at all times
- To attend training sessions, meeting, seminars etc as required and working towards an QCF in care when assessor time is available