Apprentice - Curriculum and Guidance
View the full job description and apply on our website: http://www.worthing.ac.uk/#!job-vacancies/nbmof
This is an interesting and varied opportunity to learn a wide range of skills including administration, organising events, promotional work and record keeping in the Guidance and STEM Teams. The person appointed will be able to develop excellent customer service skills, administrative and organisational skills and learn about how a high quality service is provided within a busy college environment.
The role will involve working across two areas of the college:
1. The Guidance team, which is responsible for providing advice, monitoring and support to students, including advice about careers, work experience, university and apprenticeships;
2. STEM provision (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). Our STEM provision promotes student participation in the science and maths areas and encourages student progression into science and maths careers.
Duties will be varied but will include helping to organise events such as trips, visiting speakers, conferences and careers days. The post holder will attend planning meetings and contribute to the promotion and marketing of these events. The role will also involve maintaining databases, taking minutes of meetings, maintaining display material and other general administrative duties to support two busy teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Apprentice will be deployed and supported to undertake the following duties:-
- Dealing with students and staff at all levels, as well as visitors and external partners, in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Helping to organise a range of student events such as trips, visiting speakers, conferences and careers days, including the booking of resources such as transport and rooms.
- Contributing to the promotion and marketing of these events, including the creation and maintenance of display material, and electronic forms of promotion such as Facebook, the college intranet and the college newsletter.
- Contributing to planning meetings, and producing minutes.
- Maintaining database records such as logging work experience placements using the vocational database.
- Providing administrative support to the university application process, for example by arranging mock interviews or communicating to students about deadlines.
- Representing the college at marketing events such as partner school visits and Open Evenings.
- Producing typed letters, memos and other documents using Microsoft Office including leaflets, signage etc
- Arranging meetings for the team and teams we work with.
- Maintaining stationery supplies and photocopying.
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Working effectively with the team members and other teams to contribute to the team plan and to ensure that we offer an outstanding service to students, staff and other stakeholders.
- Taking part fully in appropriate professional development, meetings and planning to meet the needs of the team and the college.
- Attending staff meetings, briefings and team meetings and participating fully in discussions about work.
- Any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.