Accertify Senior Sales Manager
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Accertify, an American Express company, continues rapid growth within the EMEA region. Accertify offers a suite of products on our powerful Interceptas data management platform, providing merchants with an end-to-end automated fraud solution for card-not-present (CNP) purchases, online scams and policy abuses, merchandise returns, as well as solutions for payments and chargeback management and other data management challenges. Accertify has an impressive list of merchants that they already protect. Our continued rapid growth creates additional opportunities in London for the established EMEA team within Sales, Implementation, Client Support, Professional Services, Fraud and Operations roles
The role of the Senior Sales Manager is to drive the end-to-end sales process of the Accertify suite of products to prospect merchants across the EMEA region.
- Identifying and activating opportunities to deepen existing Merchant relationships and generate new Online Fraud, Payments and chargeback management Solution business for sustainable, profitable growth
- Building a robust sales pipeline that forecasts two – three quarters in the future at all times
- Generate prospect meetings via cold calls, trade shows, association participation, conferences, warm leads from Client Mangers, and creativity through established relationships in the payments eco-system
- Gathering high level requirements to provide a solution selling model to clients
- Own request for proposals, the creation of mock-ups, business cases, proof of concepts of proposed solutions and other support materials
- Demonstrating financial, efficiency and brand value of Accertify fraud solutions in technical and non technical communication to a wide variety of stakeholders in the buying decision (CEO, CFO, CTO, VP Information Systems, Director Fraud Detection )
- Addressing concerns/questions related to competitors, pricing model, post sale support, system performance /configuration in cooperation with pre and post sales team
- Closing and contracting deals with accuracy and effective risk management
- Effectively tracking and reporting sales cycle status, sales strategy and industry trends
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in dealing with sophisticated and demanding client structures requiring consultative sales and solutions oriented skills with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment and other compelling financial benefit imperatives for clients
- Demonstrated understanding of network architectures and security and familiarity with relevant security software technologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyse the competition and changes in the marketplace, identify and take action to meet competitive threats
- High level sales or executive presentation skills with ability to gain credibility and trust with variety of technical and non technical stakeholders and influencers within the client organisation
- Ability to leverage and navigate merchant relationships held by multiple parties in American Express and Accertify
- Strong cross-functional capabilities with the ability to synthesise finance marketing and operational issues and opportunities
- Working knowledge on the differences between an ISO, acquirer, issuer, gateways and payment schemes
- The ability to think beyond classical selling parameters to create new approaches, solutions and “win- win” scenarios in securing new partner business
- A motivated individual accustomed to and available for extensive travel at 25% - 50% each month (generally short UK / European trips)
- Agility to learn from mistakes and remains committed to finding solutions despite difficulties and uncertainty
- Strong focus on achieving results
- Ability to work within a very fluid team environment. European languages, in particular French and German, are an advantage
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).