Field Based Custome Sales Representative
Are you a People Person with a full UK Driving Licence which permits you to drive a large van?
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager you will be out and about on the road from one of our 50+ nationwide depots delivering excellent customer service to our independent retailers, forecourts and food service sectors.
A typical day in the life of a Customer Sales Representative at P&H Direct will involve you:
- Commuting to the depot early morning to collect your vehicle (3.5 or 7.5 tonne) and perform stock management for the day for our direct to store van sales operation
- Driving your van around a pre-planned route in your territory
- Carrying out around 20 existing customer sales visits and also canvassing new customers each day, Monday to Friday for a minimum of 40 hours
- Building rapport and lasting relationships whilst processing customers' orders, selling and delivering all the leading snacks, biscuit, confectionery, and soft drinks brands from the van and taking payment by cash or credit
- Developing your product and promotion knowledge and merchandising techniques to support our customers and maximise revenue in every call
- Returning to the depot in the evening following an agreed selling time window to tidy and leave the van, manage stock and complete administration.
More important than any sales experience is that you are friendly, interpersonal, motivated to succeed in a sales environment and have a current valid driving licence with the willingness to train as required.
You will need confidence, competitiveness, the ability to manage your time and to work under pressure.
In return you will receive full training, a basic salary and be incentivised by bonus and commission along with attracting the benefits of a leading organisation.
We look forward to receiving your application.