NIGHT SERVICES ASSISTANT
Night Services Assistant
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey.
This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Since 1944 Barnett Hill has been used for training, conference and events, with bedrooms later being added; to date it now serves as a beautiful venue for leisure, dining, wedding and conference events.
Bedrooms at Barnett Hill show historic and contemporary personalities. Each room is individually decorated, comfortable and finely appointed. Many are in the main house and other located in an adjacent bespoke accommodation building.
Currently a 3 Star Hotel Peter & Deborah Hinchliffe have exciting plans for refurbishing and redeveloping the property to give it that Alexander Hotels sparkle.
- The hotel today offers;
- Stunning grounds of 26 acres
- 60 bedrooms Restaurant Bar and Lounges
- 15 function/conference rooms catering for us to 70 guests
- 3 suites for Civil Ceremonies
We are seeking a Night Services Assistant to complete our team of 3, helping to ensure excellent standards of guest care from 10pm until 7am.
Working under the direction of the Night Services Supervisor with responsibility for fire safety, security, hotel reception and guest care during their shift. This is a responsible role requiring someone with a mature head and excellent customer service, communication and organisation skills with energy to deliver service throughout the night in a friendly professional manner.
- Security and safety of the premises
- General hotel reception duties including; checking in and checking out guests, switchboard duties and out of hours reservations enquiries
- On request service of light refreshments and beverages and bar drinks to resident guests after the bar/kitchen has closed
- Assist with conference room setup and service ensuring all rooms are well presented for the morning shift
- Assist with the restaurant setup when required so it is fully prepared and presentable for Breakfast guests
- Ensure the public areas are clean and tidy ready for the start of the day
- To be the person responsible for fire safety and implementing fire evacuation procedures if ever required during the night adhering to the Hotels Fire Evacuation Plan
- Action or report any health and safety issues found during the security rounds to the Duty Manager/Maintenance Manager
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks during the night eg replacement of light bulbs in public areas
- Working 5 shifts per week from 10pm to 7am including weekend shifts
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Energy and enthusiasm for customer service
- Computer literacy (training will be given on our systems)
- A mature and responsible approach to managing the hotel overnight
- Able to provide two excellent work references, including most recent employer
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for NIGHT SERVICES ASSISTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly