- Contract Type
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This is an exciting pan-European role allowing great exposure across EMEA markets, working across merchant business groups including Acquisition, Client Management, the Global Client Group, Global Network and International Card Services and Global Corporate Payments. This position sits within the EMEA Merchant Pricing team, which reports into Global Merchant Pricing. Global Merchant Pricing manages merchant discount rates globally, which generate over 50% of American Express’ revenues and enable American Express to invest in premium products and services to Cardmembers and merchants. The role focuses on supporting acquisition and key account renegotiation strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accurately quantify the value of American Express Card acceptance to key merchant prospects and existing accounts across Europe
- Support Merchant Acquisition in developing deal analytics to support negotiation strategy for top prospects, and Client Management with renegotiations, including: Advise on the range of options available to maintain the relationship whilst driving revenue growth, provide detailed quantification of value delivered and deal profitability
- Create customer facing presentations using deal analytics and stakeholder input
- Develop and maintain appropriate marketplace intelligence on key financial data for the largest merchants and industry sectors in Europe, relevant industry developments, and strategies of the key players
- Maintain an understanding of the internal and external environment, including competitor data, and regulatory developments
- Develop, test, and implement new pricing structures which maintain or grow merchant revenues, whilst supporting coverage, suppression, & satisfaction objectives
- Leverage Global Pricing team network by sharing best practice & adapting successful initiatives to meet regional/market needs
- Drive key pan-European and inter-regional pricing strategies in key industries
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Outstanding analytic skills
- Excellent relationship management skills, negotiation, and influencing abilities, with a track record of building and leveraging relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communications: the candidate should feel comfortable presenting to and influencing senior management
- Enjoy fast paced environments including tight turnarounds
- Experience working across regions, markets, functions and business lines
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership, including synthesizing complex issues into specific plans and actions
- Good attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- An understanding of the Payment Systems world (including non American Express entities) would be advantageous
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).