Apprentice Care Assistant
- To attend and participate in training that is required under the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and Regulations 2010.
- To be aware of and comply with the companies Policies and Procedures.
- Receive daily instructions from the Nurse in charge, regarding nursing care and those specific tasks to be carried out during the period of duty.
- Cleaning and sterilising nursing medical equipment and surfaces as necessary.
- Take accurate messages via the telephone, or in person, and relay the information promptly.
- Assisting patients as necessary to dress/undress, bathing and personal hygiene (washing and shaving, etc.).
- Helping to maintain a healthy and safe environment in the Home and reporting all accidents to the Matron or Nurse in charge.
- Taking special precautions when on night duty including regular checks on residents, notifying the Nurse in charge of any problems who will then inform the Matron/Deputy Matron.
- If necessary, when on night duty, help with laundry/ironing of clothes and preparation or Lounges for the morning.
- Assist in the implementation of care plans.
- Assist with the feeding of patients as appropriate, in accordance with the care plan.
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean environment, personal effects of patients and clothing as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, recreational programmes and training as required.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance in accordance with uniform policy.
- Report any untoward incident immediately to the senior person, present on duty in the Home.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 i.e., to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the Health and Safety at Work of themselves and all persons'