American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to for a high visibility role to deliver performance analytics and business insights for Global Commercial Payments Europe. The role sits within the Global Data Strategy & Insights organisation (DS&I), reporting to the Analytics Manager. The wider team is specifically responsible for a wide range of functions which, alongside the insights and analytics team, are set up to drive the performance of the GCP Europe organization (~600 sales and account managers). The role will include delivering and enhancing reporting packages drawing insight to identify key trends through the provision of meaningful data analytics. To do this successfully the analyst will need to build a deep understanding of the GCP business, have excellent analytical skills and strong relationships at all levels.
Your responsibilities as GCP EMEA Business Analyst will include:
Create a centralised European analytics suite which provides actionable business insight organization covering individual, team & market level performance
Consolidate disparate data sets across multiple markets, to form useful information
Bring insight through interpreting business performance trends through the provision of meaningful data and analytics
Develop and maintain a forecasting model based on meaningful key performance indicators
Design new approaches and tools to address specific business issues, working with stakeholders in the markets to ensure the take-up of these tools, understand the implications of the analysis and to implement recommendations
Working with analytical partners across the globe to leverage best practices in reporting and metric design to drive business effectiveness
Supporting the development of a new global data warehouse
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in programming languages SQL and / or SAS essential
- Experience in SAS Enterprise Guide, Advanced MS Excel / Access
- Commercial awareness, with a good understanding of business needs, levers, concerns and trends
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with the ability to manage, manipulate and analyse complex data
- Proactive approach, willingness and ability to innovate to deliver new insights, new tools and process efficiencies
- Ability to build a strong internal network and deliver at the highest level
- Complex problem-solving skills, with regards to identifying and diagnosing data issues when they arise
- Excellent communication skills, experienced in engaging with senior leadership and able to distil complex analyses into clear messages
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, eye for detail
- Highly computer literate, with the ability to create clear and compelling Powerpoint presentations to senior leadership
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).