Early Years Apprenticeship - Shoreham Outstanding Nursery
A childcare provider for children aged 0 – 5 with clear values and over 20 years of refinement to ensure that they offer the highest standard of care & education to all. This was recognised by OFSTED who awarded all their nurseries with Outstanding.
Apprenticeship in early years and childcare is required for a successful childcare establishment.
The role will involve the following:
- Resource an environment that extends and supports children’s learning and development
- To follow the nurserys policy and procedures on child protection.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds, stages of development and those with special educational needs
- To carry out duties with regard to the nursery’s equality and special needs policies and procedures.
- Maintain and participate in the highest level of children’s hygiene and cleanliness in sleeping, nappy changing and food preparation throughout the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To provide a cover role across all the nurseries in the absence of any member of staff.
- Attend staff training sessions necessary for continuing professional development, and staff meetings outside working hours.
- To communicate and work cooperatively with your team.
- To maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Take shared responsibility for standards of health & safety, hygiene, security, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the nursery setting.
- Assist with the experiences planned by the staff team for the children including the setting up and clearing away of equipment and materials e.g. mixing paints, washing pots and brushes, cleaning tables and clearing floors.
- Assist with food preparation and clean up afterwards.
- Take shared responsibility for the care of toys and resources, ensuring they are stored appropriately (particularly ensuring pieces of puzzles and games are not mislaid)
- Report low stock levels of consumables.
- Devising and producing visual aids and learning resources.
- To ensure that the nursery follows guidelines for Health and Safety for staff, students and children.
- Ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Implement policies and procedures of the nursery to ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework are met.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, maintaining a smart and tidy appearance, within and outside the nursery.
- Never to act in a manner which might prejudice the good reputation of the employer, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To behave in a helpful, positive and willing manner during the working day, acting as a positive role model to all, including children, staff and parents.
- Any other duties as required by the employer.
The right candidate will have the following:
- Genuine interest in supporting children's learning and development and who will be able to demonstrate a desire to learn and develop their own skills.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above preferred but are not essential as Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT will be completed as part of the Framework.
- Good time keeper
- Sense of humour