Manager Assistant (EMEA Human Resources)
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This position is responsible for working directly with the Head of Market HR EMEA to lead and implement high impact Market Employee Plans in EMEA. The HR Project Manager will co-ordinate the execution of the Market Employee Plans by working closely with the local Market HR teams and the global CoE colleagues responsible for EMEA. The incumbent will also own delivery of multiple strategic projects in conjunction with the Head of Market HR EMEA. In addition, the role will provide ad hoc project support to key initiatives in the GNICS EMEA business. The role will be part of the Market HR EMEA Leadership Team.
- Partner with Head of Market HR EMEA, HR Market Heads (and their teams) and CoE colleagues develop solutions and implementation plans for HR initiatives that will meet project and business objectives
- Leverage HR relationships to identify and integrate American Express best practices in the 4 core areas of Market HR
- Manage and coordinate multiple project workstreams across various disciplines / stakeholders, including tracking key activities and milestones, developing comms plans, managing deliverables to deadlines, integrating activities across workstreams, and surfacing project risks and concerns as appropriate
- Use established policies to resolve questions and issues
- Key deliverables:
- Provide support and partner with Head of Market HR EMEA in the implementation of HR initiatives
- Provide support to distinct projects including e.g. Communities of Practice, Retained Processes and Talent Metrics tracking
- Drive HR processes, effectively communicating (to HR and the business) and tracking process This position requires consulting and/or broad HR experience.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep project management expertise and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and drive results.
- Strong project management skills including driving a HR agenda in support of business objectives
- Ability to build relationships and leverage strong collaboration skills across business partners and HR peers
- Understanding the business and its drivers
- Experience of operating within a global, matrix organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated comms project planning and execution experience
- Demonstrated cross functional project management experience
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues, challenge the status quo, and confront difficult issues
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with data analysis, metrics and reporting
- Ability to formulate HR plans that can be executed to meet business objectives
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of change management fundamentals
- Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Significant experience in Human Capital Consulting or in a HR generalist capacity including experience and understanding of the recruitment and selection, compensation, talent management, employee relations and employee communications is preferred
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).