Manager, EMV Product Management
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The mission of Global Network Business (GNB) is to power safe and easy commerce for and through the members of the American Express community. At its core, GNB is responsible for running the company’s core transaction processing platform, defining the rules and regulations for how members of our network will interoperate with each other, and creating and managing network products that deliver value to our various customers (e.g. Issuers, Acquirers, Tech Partners).
To do this, we have defined three strategic priorities for the GNB organization in 2016:
1. “Easy to Connect” – Improving every aspect of our network to make it easy for our customers to do business with us (e.g. setup, on-boarding, connectivity, testing, servicing, etc.).
2. “Simple Policies, Regulations, Specifications” – Revamping our operating rules and procedures to drive greater simplicity, and differentiation only where it is clearly better to do so.
3. “Moving with the Industry” – Continuing to innovate with the payments industry where critical to protect and grow Amex relevance and utility (e.g. form factors, security features, etc.).
This specific role will be a key contributor to the third strategic priority above.
The EMV Product Manager is an exciting opportunity for a qualified person to focus on developing chip related payment capabilities for the American Express Network worldwide.
- Define and maintain the product strategy and roadmap for chip related capabilities
- Define EMV roadmap, input into Chip product strategy and overall network strategy team
- Understand customer satisfaction and needs for EMV, prioritize and deliver improvement to drive customer satisfaction
- Partner with the Industry Engagement & Regulation and the Product Deployment teams to understand EMV product needs, provide input into industry forums, address product issues/experience gaps and provide support to teams leading product rollout
- Gain alignment with key stakeholders (e.g., Network Policy, Risk, Compliance, GCO, World Service, Finance, Brand) and ensure their prioritization and delivery of changes needed for EMV
- Ensuring EMV product is aligned with relevant regulation as well as the business needs of key internal and external partners
- Define customer user stories and customer experience requirements for EMV related enhancements
- Partner with Capabilities and Platform teams to ensure the product build and delivery meets the desired customer experience
- Produce technical requirements for the update of relevant materials such as user guides, technical manuals, network policy manuals, etc
- Define and analyse product performance (e.g., dashboards, trigger reporting)
- Interact with and represent American Express on external industry bodies / working groups
- Effectively manage Chip vendors and other third party stakeholders
- Employ structured project management principles in creating and managing project tasks, resources and budgets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Undergraduate degree and/or experience in EMV and the Payments Industry
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge of EMV in the Payments/Acquiring industry including Terminal / Certification environment
- Ability to provide structure and lead cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi partner environment with constant change
- Strong ability to solve problems, grasp technical concepts and apply them to business issues and vice versa
- Proven product and project management skills – ability to drive results through others and track record of creating substantive products and features
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).