Manager Assistant to VP / GM (EMEA & JAPA)
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The Global Client Group (GCG) is the top segment of our Global Corporate Payments (GCP) business managing 150+ customers in expense management solutions.
Reporting to the VP and General Manager of Global Client Group EMEA & JAPA, this position supports the GCG EMEA & JAPA organization, contributing to overall strategic and business planning, team management and strategy development.
The role will be a key member of the Leadership Team working closely with the regional teams and GCG Business Partners, and will have responsibility for strategic and office activities of the business. This includes content for leadership meetings, managing planning processes and facilitating team communication.
This role is ideal for someone with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, translate complex issues into practical work streams to progress the business agenda and establish collaborative partnerships from across the organization.
The Manager Assistant will handle a broad range of projects, collaborating with a variety of internal business partners.
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities with medium to long term objectives
- Participate on the GCG EMEA & JAPA Leadership Team, develop meeting objectives, organize meetings and off-sites and provide proactive support to the Leadership Team on ad hoc projects
- Manage business planning and operational processes for the team, including scorecards and budgeting
- Support key employee annual processes, compliance, company required policies/processes
- Oversee employee facing communications
- Develop clear presentations for a variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Partner and maintain strong, positive relationships within American Express across markets and at all levels in the organization
- Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance
- The individual must be a culturally-aware strong communicator who can effectively multi-task and prioritize as business needs evolve
- A strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management
- Proven track record of using financial data and commercial acumen to develop winning strategies and drive business decision-making
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Strong relationship building skills with proven ability to influence without authority across peers and superiors and drive projects with little direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organization and planning skills are essential
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing circumstances, make decisions quickly and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- High level of integrity required for handling confidential information
- Capable of high levels of output with an optimistic "Growth Mindset" attitude
- London based but willing to travel to support meetings as agreed
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).