Event Manager required in Brighton
Event Manager required in Brighton, East Sussex
LovelocalJobs.com is a family of regional job boards working in partnership with businesses, local authorities, universities, colleges, schools, charities and community groups to create and promote local pathways into jobs and training. A small, passionate and innovative team, we are absolutely dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients and communities. We provide unique and engaging career platforms created to enhance the economy of the local areas – raising the career aspirations of local people, reducing recruitment spend and significantly improving employer profiles on a regional and national level.
LoveLocalJobs.com has been recognised as one of the best job boards in the country for the last two years at the Recruiter Awards for Excellence. Our innovative online platforms enable employers to connect with their target audiences and give local communities access to local jobs, careers information, and the advice and inspiration needed for success in today’s employment marketplace.
Latest research shows that as well as online support, young people want face-to-face advice and guidance from businesses when they start to think about their future career. Building on our work to improve careers pathways in Sussex and Surrey, we are working in partnership with social business, humanutopia, to deliver a programme of inspirational events called Be the Change, in a variety of areas across Sussex, Surrey and beyond. We are now looking for a passionate, organised and conscientious Event Manager to play a significant role in helping to deliver this ground-breaking initiative.
Reporting into the Be the Change Programme Director, the Event Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of ground-breaking and inspirational Be the Change events, designed to raise the aspirations of disengaged young people and bridge the gap between education and employment. Varied events will mainly be employability focused and aimed at positively impacting and shaping the future workforce. At the same time the events offer businesses a fantastic opportunity to make a tangible, measurable and life changing difference to local young people.
Events may include:
- inspirational conferences
- exhibitions and job fairs
- mentoring sessions
- corporate workplace tours
- marketing and promotions
- employee engagement events
- corporate partner events
Duties will include:
- Liaising with stakeholders to ascertain precise event requirements and overseeing key communications to all parties to ensure a well-planned event and the development of positive client relationships
- Producing detailed documentation for events (e.g. planning timelines, venues, insurance, risk assessments, suppliers, legal / safeguarding obligations, info sheets, timetables budgets)
- Sourcing, booking and ongoing liaison with appropriate venues or event locations
- Coordinating venue management, site visits, catering, contractors and equipment hire
- Negotiating with suppliers regarding logistics and costs
- Organising facilities for car parking, transport, security, first aid, hospitality and catering
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety paperwork is obtained and filed for each event
- Coordinating staffing requirements for event team and providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the team at events
- Preparing delegate packs, badges and documentation/handouts
- Supporting the marketing, promo and PR strategies that accompany the events
- Supporting with management of and liaison with event sponsors
- Coordinating suppliers, stakeholder queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to an extremely high standard
- Overseeing the set up and take down of events and clearing the venue efficiently
- Post-event data entry/collation and evaluation
- Driving event supplies to/from events
- Travelling to onsite inspections and project managing events
- Being responsible for all event budgets from start to finish
NOTE: Working hours are regular between projects. During events there may be additional and unsocial working hours.
Previous experience of managing an event programme or multiple concurrent projects is essential, as is line management experience and excellent interpersonal skills to engage with your team and the stakeholders involved with these events. This is a “hands on” role that requires someone equally happy leading by example in the field, as they are in the office.
- Credible and engaging communicator: able to put people at ease, draw them out and build relationships.
- Enthusiastic: with a genuine passion for community engagement and youth development projects and initiatives.
- Event Planning: plan and execute events in an organised fashion with impeccable attention to detail.
- Creative: develop and propose innovative ways of improving and developing the events planning process and providing solutions.
- Literate: excellent spelling, grammar and copy writing skills.
- Numerate: comfortable with budgets, forecasts, pricing.
- Self-sufficient: take decisions, prioritise, work independently and manage personal administration.
- Confident using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Social Media, MS Office.
- Full UK driving licence, access to a car.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be contacted after the closing date of 20 January 2017.