Claims Management Consultant (12 Month contract)
Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately resolving all customer claims queries. Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all claims queries to the customer’s complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include assessing complex and high value claims from all customer groups – Individual, Provider Corporate and Intermediaries
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a claims subject matter expert, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and using your claims knowledge to put forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience
Control of actions required to resolve customer claims queries within cost and compliance boundaries. Identify and act upon issues that affect the customer experience and any cost or risk exposure. Authority as per Bupa Global Delegated Authorities framework. Will consult with other team members, Service Managers and the Continuous Improvement Partners.
Roles are on a shift rotation basis including weekends
· Taking end to end ownership for the resolution of all customer claims enquiries. Case manage all queries through to resolution
· Assessing any claims as required including high value and complex claims
· Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact
· Complying with all regulatory and governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly
· Achieving all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality
· Participate in regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager
· Support new team members
· Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance
- Being a Customer Service Champion within Claims. Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging exiting process and contributing ideas for improvement
The Ideal Candidate
Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
Previous experience in the delivery of customer service within a contact centre setting, coupled with experience of case managing customer queries thorough to resolution
Significant experience of claims assessment / management within the healthcare sector
A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets in a high performing team environment
Highly customer focused
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
An ability to speak a second language would be an advantage