Volunteer Retail Assistants
Martlets shops sell everything from vintage clothes and furniture to electrical goods, books and children’s toys. Our shops are a great place to volunteer if you want to get some retail experience, make friends and support a local charity.
Where: Martlets shops across Brighton, Hove and the surrounding area
When: Our Brighton and Hove shops are open 10am-5pm – Monday – Saturday and 10.30-3.30 Sunday. Our shops in Woodingdean, Rottingdean, Peacehaven and Lewes may have different opening times- check website www.martlets.org.uk
Usual minimum commitment: Weekly morning or afternoon shift
What you’ll be doing:
To assist the Manager with the smooth running of the shop.
- Preparing stock ready for sale
- Refilling and creating displays throughout shops and in window
- Light cleaning of counters, clothes rails & dusting of stock
- Serving customers, using cash register, accepting donations
- Signing up new Gift Aid donors
What’s in it for you:
- Bring part of a small friendly team presenting the face of Martlets
- Valuable work experience in a retail environment
- Develop skills in stock ordering, visual merchandise, customer service
- Dealing with the public
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid
Your skills and abilities
- Friendly manner – good with people
- Retail experience is always welcomed but not essential as training will be given
- An Interest in vintage clothing, books, records, fashion is also welcomed- we always need people with an eye for something special!
- Some roles require you to stand for long periods –Please let us know if you have mobility problems
For more information contact the volunteering team at: email@example.com