The Operations Assistant at Cactus will support the Operations Coordinator to ensure the operational efficiency of our language courses and maintain a positive relationship between Cactus and our wide range of foreign language teachers.
The Operations Assistant reports directly into the Operations Coordinator and works closely with the Language Courses Manager and the Head of Corporate.
Key Responsibilities Include
- To support the Operations Coordinator and direct the interns
- To manage the communications with all freelance teaching staff for the UK evening foreign language courses (FLUK)
- To manage and conduct the searches and interviews for new teaching staff for both FLUK and TM (tailor made lessons)
- To communicate all logistical details of the courses to the teachers; arrange and manage cover classes; maintain regular flow of information and dialogue with the teachers and other departments
- To ensure teachers complete their online class records through the system/emails
- To manage all teacher-related student and teacher feedback for FLUK courses and field to the correct member of staff for solutions.
- With the support of the Operations Coordinator and HR – to review the systems on a regular basis to increase productivity and bring about improved efficiency.
- To liaise with the Language Courses Executive and LC Manager on a regular basis on all aspects of the FLUK courses.
- To organise face to face meetings with the FLUK teachers at least once a year in London, and in accordance with marketing activities in the regional centres, including but not limited to taster classes, opening evening and end of course events
- Work one late shift per week and two to three late shifts per week or overtime during the intakes as required to be taken as TOIL
- Represent Cactus on social media platforms as and when is required
- Liaise with FLUK teachers to promote Cactus courses as regional representatives and ensure they receive the marketing materials required
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience of learning a language in a classroom environment
- Fluent in a minimum of two languages
- Computer (Word, Excel, Outlook) and web literate
- High level of organisational skills
- Strong administration skills
- Proven track record of working quickly in a pressurized environment
- Proven ability to find solutions and perform tasks within limited time frames
- Confident, self-motivated, pro-active, solution driven and enthusiastic
- Flexible team player, with excellent IT, communication and administrative skills
- Excellent people skills and customer service skills
- Excellent spoken & written English (Level C2 in the case of non-native speakers).
- Fluency in at least 1 of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, German.
- Language teaching experience and / or language teaching qualification (Celta or equivalent)