The underwriting department is currently looking for bright and ambitious individuals who want to join the team.
This role provides analytical and pricing support to the head of our home insurance team. Underwriting Home insurance is a new addition to the successful Hastings Direct story and so at the moment the account is small. As such this person will need to demonstrate a combination of commercial acumen with sound analytical skills to make the most of the internal and external data we have.
- Account performance analysis and monthly production of MI pack
- Perform regular adhoc analysis to make recommendations for improvements in home rating logic.
- Analysis of internal and external data to make recommendations on new data items or feeds to enrich customer quotes
Skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of UK personal lines market (Desirable)
- Educated to degree level within a statistical or mathematical related field
- Awareness of underwriting & pricing methods and rules (Desirable)
- Good communication skills at all levels (Essential)
- Inquisitive nature and ability to work efficiently (Essential)
- Numerical ability (Desirable)
In return, along with a competitive salary, we will provide you with the tools and support needed to develop your knowledge and skills, and ensure you have the platform to contribute towards ongoing success of the business