Chief Product Officer
We are looking for an inspiring CPO / Head of Product , who has previously held a position within a fast-paced digital business. Based in Brighton, you will have overall responsibility for the TrustedHousesitters digital product roadmap, strategy and execution.
TrustedHousesitters is an award-winning subscription based business that is revolutionising the way people travel. Our global online marketplace TrustedHousesitters allows home and pet owners to easily connect with trusted and verified sitters who pet sit for free in exchange for a place to stay.
At the heart of the Sharing Economy, TrustedHousesitters offers a win-win for members and their pets. We love the fact that we’re genuinely enriching lives by connecting real and caring people for mutual benefit. We give owners the freedom to travel with complete peace of mind, knowing that their pets are cared for by a loving sitter whilst they’re away. Sitters are able to stay for free, in amazing locations all over the world whilst enjoying the companionship of pets.
We’re cited by the world’s media as providing the market’s leading pet care solution and enabling a new trend in travel. We’ve won a Webby Award and a Lovie for Best Social and Community website, Richard Branson’s Virgin Media #VOOM Great Award 2016, Best Digital Business in Brighton 2015 at the Tech Cities Awards, Website of the Year 2015 in the Good Web Guide Awards, to name just a few of our accolades.
The Role Your key area will be leading the vision and strategy of our digital products and have a proven track-record of successful delivery and execution, building high-quality, cross-platform experiences across the entirety of the end-to-end online user journey.
You will be able to rationalise and challenge why we’re building what we’re building in order to prioritise our roadmap, through proactively and effectively communicating across the business. This would be including UX, marketing, business development and technology teams to gain necessary insights and to determine product priorities.
You’re a customer champion and will actively speak to members and non-members to understand their needs and be able to translate this and other relevant customer data into into product insights and both short and long term optimisation strategies. You will be the kind of person who strives for elegant and simple solutions to product challenges.
You will design and implement robust processes to effectively deliver exceptional quality products, and create a culture of ownership and innovation.
You will have the credibility and expertise to quickly gain the trust of your team as well as the wider organisation.
You measure success on results, not simply delivery.
- Our Ideal Candidate 6+ years experience in product management
- In depth understanding of agile methodologies, having implemented processes to optimise delivery cycles.
- Passion for making a real impact on customers’ lives
- Built products on multiple platforms (web, apps, etc.)
- Data-driven decision maker
- Ruthless at prioritising to maximise impact of a team
- Ensuring quality in the product we put out
- This is a senior position reporting directly to the Managing Director
- You will lead and inspire a team including Product Managers and Digital Designers
- You will bring your experience in an equivalent senior product role or looking for the next step in your career to nurture and develop the product team to build a world class product.
- You will define and manage the appropriate KPIs to ensure the product team is consistently improving our product performance
- You value user research and actively search out opportunities to understand customer needs for both quick wins and the basis of innovation (and love sharing the stories).
- You are structured, analytical and data-driven, able to define and articulate a clear strategy and ensure that it is implemented effectively
- You embody TrustedHousesitters culture and you’re passionate about helping us achieve our mission. You are down to earth, open, honest, humble, impactful, innovative, curious, and customer-centric with a passion for good design.
- You are an excellent communicator.
What we provide for you:
- A vibrant and welcoming informal atmosphere in our Central Brighton office
- The chance to be part of a supportive team in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- A free membership to TrustedHousesitters to enjoy the amazing value our service has to offer and the chance to go house sitting too!
- Fun, sociable events in and out of our office space. We love heading to the beach for a BBQ in the summer, we have table tennis, drinks and lots more!
More jobs like this
- Full Time Permanent Quality Management Business jobs in Brighton
- Full Time Permanent Quality Management Leisure & Tourism jobs in Brighton
- Full Time Permanent Quality Management Logistics jobs in Brighton
- Full Time Permanent Quality Management Marketing & PR jobs in Brighton
- Full Time Permanent Quality Management Media jobs in Brighton