Health & Safety Manager
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket. We now have an opportunity within our Assurance, Risk and Compliance department for an experienced Health & Safety Manager. This position will be based from our Head Office in Bexhill on Sea.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing 2nd line of defence Health & Safety policies and procedures across the organisation to ensure compliance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with current legislation
- Produce and maintain a relevant Colleague handbook
- Analyse and define health and safety issues, recommending solutions and providing business-focused 2nd line advice
- Carry out audits and design procedures to manage safety risks / ensure compliance.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees
- Work with ARC team to apply control of contractors procedures Act as the health and safety ambassador for the function.
- Develop, introduce and maintain site induction and safety training
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous experience in an in-house 2nd line role and should be able to demonstrate a track record of drafting and implementing Health &Safety strategy, policies and procedures.
- Up to date knowledge of Fire Safety and related Building/Workplace Regulations.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a strong customer focus.
- Collaborative working style and the ability to build excellent working relationships across the business
- A recognised, advanced qualification in health & safety and/or be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, 23 days holiday, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!