Claims Negotiator - MOJ- High Value Team
6 days left
- Full Time
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.4 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket.
In our sea-side office in Bexhill, we now have opportunities within our Claims department in the Personal Injury Ministry of Justice (MOJ) area. This department assesses personal injury claims submitted by innocent third parties whom have been involved in an accident with our insured driver. Working as part of the MOJ team, you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of claims where the injury severity or complexity of the injury sustained is beyond a simple whiplash injury.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Communicating via incoming and outbound calls and written correspondence with the policyholder, keeping them updated of all material developments, witnesses, engineers, insurers, hire companies, solicitors, and third parties in order to bring about resolution of claim.
- Investigating liability where required, by telephone enquiries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations.
- Assessing general damages up to a value of £ 25000.00
- Working our regular items of special damages including loss of earnings and care. Whilst infrequent, this can involve minimal use of the multipliers and multiplicands.
- Working on claims involving pedestrians and cyclists. This will include the assessment of liability in order to proactively ensure that as many claims involving vulnerable road users are accepted as appropriate.
- Working on bony injury claims including claims including complicated fractures requiring surgery.
- Working on all claims that are not classified as soft tissue or whiplash such as tinnitus, PTSD, Chronic pain, rotator cuff injuries and ligamentous tears to joints etc.
- Formulating accurate reserves which can often be based on very limited information.
- Should a whiplash claim exceed a value of £ 5000.00, there is a requirement to offer guidance and support to other teams.
- Dealing with claims older than 18 Months from date of accident.
- Provide coaching and referral guidance to the remainder of the MOJ teams.
- Assessing interim payment requests to highlight and proactively secure settlements on claims with signs of deterioration.
- To ensure each claim is dealt with in line with company/departmental procedure/philosophy and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in motor claims specifically Personal Injury.
- Be able to show an understanding of complicated liability scenario's and be able to gain information through liaison with policy holders, witnesses and accident investigators within very tight time parameters.
- There is no valuation tool and as such the candidate should be able to assess damages using reference material and case law.
- Have the ability to be able to assess claim for special damages which may include elements of minor future losses.
- Be familiar with multiple fracture types and locations and the complications that can be faced with each.
- Be able to assess and identify claims that may have potential to be beyond the scope of the portal.
- Be able to identify why a claim is outstanding for an irregular amount of time, look to proactively manage that case to its earliest conclusion and ensure that reserves have been set to appropriate levels.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop.
If the above sounds like what you're looking for you then please do not hesitate and apply today!