Part Time Education Researcher/Consultant
Wanted: Part Time Education Researcher/Junior Consultant to join our small team.
Educatus: Who we are and what we do:
We are an award-winning Education Consultancy Company advising families from all over the world who are relocating to the UK, usually as a consequence of taking a UK based role with a large corporate – such as an accountancy practice, bank, pharmaceutical, automotive or manufacturing company.
We are looking for someone, preferably educated to degree level, who is interested in a home-based position as a researcher/consultant, initially on a part-time 4 days/week basis (at least 24 hours). This is a work from home role, with some initial training in Sussex and ongoing support and training. It might suit somebody who needs to base working hours around a school day, for example, but would be prepared to become more involved and take on more responsibility, as required. The working hours will be during the general 9am – 5.30pm office day and not evenings.
The suitable candidate will need to attend regular staff meetings and training, visiting schools and clients where necessary, occasionally accompanying families on their school tours.
Job Description Education Researcher/ Junior Consultant.
· To support our Education Consultants (who liaise with the client) in school research.
· To build and maintain strong relationships with relevant educational establishments, government bodies, clients, HR Departments and families.
· Help to develop and maintain our database within the education consultancy department.
1. School Contact:
· To liaise with the Local Education Authorities (LEAs), admissions departments and academies to identify availability in state schools and/or potential independent schools, as required, within the area of relocation.
· To set up appointments with state, private and international schools, gaining an understanding of the differing application processes applicable to each.
· To set appointments, provide school visit itineraries and research information for relocating families, as required by the education consultants.
2. Database & Information Resources:
· Develop resources to support school search programmes for national, international, independent, state schools and Further Education establishments as appropriate
· Maintain school information materials.
· Keep the Education Consultant up to date with all relevant assignee or client issues.
Skills and experience required:
· A general understanding of the UK schooling system.
· Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills including concise report writing.
· Friendly and professional telephone manner.
· Ability to plan, implement and deliver business goals.
· Ability to prioritise tasks and work as a team but use own initiative.
· Enthusiastic attitude to change.
· Passionate about providing good customer service.
· Honest and ethical approach to business.
· Excellent IT skills. Good aptitude in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and experience preferred:
Applicants with a good working knowledge of the education system within the UK – such as previous experience within a school as a teacher, administrator or with a Local Education Authority – will be particularly suited to the role. Degree level candidates are preferred, although relevant experience will be taken into consideration. A second language would be a bonus.
What we give in return:
· Flexible home working (subject to core hours requirement)
· A small team of supportive colleagues
· £10 per hour
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Auto enrolment company pension scheme.
Please apply by way of a one page covering letter (300 – 500 words), outlining your interest in this role and relevant experience, as well as providing an up-to-date CV.
Interviews will be held during the first week of October, in Brighton.