Bought Ledger Assistant
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for a rewarding career within Finance?
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill, Leicester and Newmarket. We are seeking a Bought Ledger Assistant to join our dynamic Finance team. The role is based in our Head Office in Bexhill on the South Coast.
About the role:
- Review all invoices and staff expense documentation and approval in accordance with company policies prior to payment.
- Ensure all suppliers' invoices and staff expenses are processed and recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accountancy practices.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Resolution of unmatched or outstanding Purchase Orders issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Produces (essential)
- A general understanding of Accounts payable functions (essential)
- Experience of dealing with customer queries via email, telephone and in person (essential)
- Basic double entry book-keeping knowledge (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of HMRC regulations (desirable) GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (essential) AAT or studying towards (preferred)
What you will receive in return:
You will receive a competitive salary, up to 5% bonus based on individual and company performance, pension scheme, 23 days holiday and Hastings Direct reward benefits.
We have a strong and supportive culture; we invest in people and try to make coming to work for Hastings a fun and rewarding experience.
We look forward to receiving your application.