Shared Business Services (HR) Business Administration Apprentice, Level 3, Advanced
You will join a team that provides administrative support for HR, Learning & Development and Recruitment activities. As an apprentice administrator you will gain valuable experience in a wide range of processes from the basic administration level, moving up to understand and advise on the policies and law that underpin these processes.
The purpose of the role is to respond to customer queries effectively and efficiently, carrying out the administrative tasks associated with resolving queries and recording these as necessary in relation to HR, recruitment and training activities in the force.
The key tasks include:
- To act as first point of contact for internal and external customers including telephone calls, in person and via electronic messages.
- You will work within a team, building effective relationships and communicating issues in a professional and clear manner.
- You will provide administrative support to customer enquiries maintaining and inputting information on Force Information Systems.
- Fully participate in a range of transactional (HR) services including filing, maintenance of records, data entry, mail merges, etc.
- Provide guidance and advice to internal and external customers in line with force policy.
- You will take responsibility for data quality and proactively complete tasks within Service Level Agreements in order to maintain approved standards.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures and work instructions in-line with best practice and organisational priorities.
Working week 37 hours per week, 5 days. Shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 37.00 Weekly wage £329.70
Expected apprenticeship duration 18 months
Possible start date 03 Jan 2018
Apprenticeship level Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communications
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Willingness to be taught and learn new skills
- The ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills to allow communication with a range of people at different levels both inside and external to the organisation
- Prepared to be customer focused at all times
- Focus and patience when handling routine or repetitive tasks
- Accuracy and attention to detail when completing tasks
- The ability to prioritise tasks on a daily and weekly basis to meet deadlines
It is essential to have grades A*-C in Maths and English GCSEs, or equivalent.
The team that the role is based in is made up of Shared Business Services Administrators, which is the role that you will be working towards, and Shared Business Services Assistants, who provide more expert advice and support in a similar area. Our previous team members have studied for HR qualifications, moved into a range of HR or administrative roles, or moved into other areas of work in the policing service depending on their career aspirations.
Things to consider
- Using a range of systems, your duties will include updating records, data entry and producing documentation.
- In addition, you will proactively contribute to delivering customer satisfaction and service improvement. In return you will have the support of a fantastic team who will help you acquire skills in general and HR specific administration, and access to all the benefits that come with working in a public sector organisation.
- The successful candidate will be expected to go through a rigorous vetting procedure which includes personal checks on you and your family and personal financial information.
- You will also need to provide medical information for occupational health clearance.
- The benefits as part of the role include: -24 days paid annual leave per year -Local Government Pension Scheme -Occupational Sick Pay -Employee Assistance Programme for advice and counselling -Lift share scheme -Staff support groups The annual salary is £17,145.