Level 2 Business Administration Apprentice
2 days left
- Full Time
Jakks Country Furniture make bespoke wood items including benches, gates and sign posts. If you are prepared to work in the world of wood and are well organised and interested to learn every aspect of the business , including finance and developing our website then apply now! We aren’t suited and booted but we need you to have a smart mind!
The purpose of the role is to learn all aspects of running a business and build customer relationships to support the development of the business. The key tasks will include:
- To be the main point of contact with customers and anyone who contacts the company
- Deliver excellent customer service to our customers and develop professional working relationships to maintain customers
- To learn how to keep the books and ensure invoices to clients are paid in order to secure the company’s income
- To maintain office systems and organise any new systems
- To receive and handle enquiries that come from the website
- Add content to the website
- To learn how to prepare costings on spreadsheets
- To learn how to develop the website to grow sales of new products
Working week 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30 with 2 half hour breaks in the day Total Weekly wage £140.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 16 months
Possible start date 25 Sep 2017
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good written and spoken English
- Good IT Skills
It is desirable that you have some experience of using social media.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Prepared to work in a wood-working workshop
- Be reliable and committed to the role
- Have a mature and professional attitude to work
- Be flexible and able to change priorities quickly
- Have an interest in wood and wood products
- Well organised and systematic in your approach
- Interested in how the internet can help a business
- Prepared to take responsibility and willing to learn all the aspects of running a business
- Able to be confident when using the telephone
- Willing to take pride in a job well done
- Willing to learn how to offer excellent customer service
It is essential to have a Maths, English and ICT GCSE, at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications.
Future prospects There may be a role at the end of the apprenticeship that you could apply for.
Things to consider The initial wage is £4 per hour but this may increase. Please think about how you would travel to the workplace.