Band Saw / Machine Operator - Steel Fabrication
We are looking for 2 Bandsaw/Machine Operators to join our friendly team. Based in Partridge Green West Sussex.
We are an established Steel Fabricator/Stockholder providing a first class service to the South East.
- The successful applicant will be required to operate our Band Saws which are used to cut our steel products ready for fabrication.
- Previous experience with band saws or similar machines would be advantageous, but consideration will be given to the right candidate.
- You will be given machine familiarisation training and also trained to use our M.H.E (Material Handling Equipment); Forklifts and sideloader.
- Previous experience in the steel industry is not needed but would be beneficial.
- This is a physically demanding environment with lifting and carrying involved so a good level of physical fitness is required.
- You will be meticulous in your work, have a good level of Mathematics and be able to read a tape measure.
- Teamwork is key, so be prepared to assist your colleagues with a variety of jobs within the Warehouse operation and not be frightened to get your hands dirty.
- Band Saw Operation
- Picking materials for processing
- Use of M.H.E
- Packing cut materials for despatch
- Daily machine checks
- Daily vehicle unloading
- General housekeeping duties
Preferred skills, however training will be given to the right candidate
- Steel industry experience
- Side loader
- Band Saw
Job type Full time
Hours; 39 hour week.
Hours of Work Monday to Thursday; Hours are 8am to 3:30pm with 30 mins for lunch.
Friday; Hours are 8am to 3:30pm with 30 mins for lunch.
Wage; Up to £11per/hour depending on experience