Full Stack Developer
We’re a highly successful award-winning events company based in the heart of Brighton. Through our brands, The Stag Company and Hen Heaven, we provide fantastic day and night time activities with accommodation for groups, across the UK and Europe.
We’re looking for a developer to work in our in-house development team, who build and maintain the company’s CRM systems and customer portals in-house. These systems service up to 70000 customers each year and we’re continually improving them and introducing new features. We work with the other teams within the organisation to try to automate processes and find efficiencies in our business tasks.
We have several brands and our customer facing websites are also created in-house. You’ll also be working alongside our designers, front-end developers and marketing team to help to integrate these with our booking platform.
The right candidate will be someone who can work closely with non-technical stake holders to understand their requirements then take on the project, creating efficient and user-friendly functionality. Good communication skills are essential for this job.
As we’re a small team in a quickly changing and exciting business, we need to work in an agile manner to support the business as it evolves. This role will suit someone who’s a keen problem solver and you’ll have the opportunity to see the results of your work as it will directly impact on our users.
What you need for this job
- 3 Years commercial PHP experience
- Experience of working on web applications
- Good knowledge of Object Orientated Programming and design patterns
- Experience of large MySQL databases
- Practical use of VCS specifically Git
- Ability to work with legacy code
- Good understanding of User Interface Design
- Ability to write clean HTML and CSS
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Keen to identify problems, create processes and provide user friendly solutions
- Able to think on your feet
- Work in an agile manner
- Desire to utilise new technologies
This would be useful but isn’t essential
(you may need to learn!)
- Management and provisioning of cloud based Linux servers, apache, nginx etc
- Coding responsive HTML
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Angular.js, Elasticsearch, MondoDB,
- Basic Office Networking
- Ruby on rails
- Experience of integrating payment gateways
You’ll be available to work 37.5hrs per week, 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday.
We offer a competitive salary, 20 days holiday, 8 bank holidays and an additional day’s leave awarded for each year worked to a max of 25 days. You’ll also be eligible for the following benefits:
- learning and development opportunities
- subsidised gym membership
- pension scheme
- childcare vouchers
- discounted hotel stays
- additional holiday allowance scheme
- social club that organises great, fun events
Please send your application with covering letter stating your current salary and expectations to us - we look forward to hearing from you!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES - THANK YOU
More jobs like this
- Full Time Permanent Customer Service Arts & Heritage jobs in Hove
- Full Time Permanent Customer Service Arts Agency & Management jobs in Hove
- Full Time Permanent Customer Service Events jobs in Hove
- Full Time Permanent Customer Service Promoter jobs in Hove
- Full Time Permanent Customer Service Leisure & Tourism jobs in Hove