Corporate fundraiser required for Brighton charity
Rockinghorse Children’s Charity is currently recruiting a Corporate Fundraiser
Post Title: Corporate Fundraiser
Hours: 37 hours per week
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Central Brighton Offices / Subsidise parking
2. Job Summary
- To create and manage a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for Rockinghorse’s Corporate fundraising activity.
- To create manage and develop a portfolio of high value corporate partnership relationships in line with the agreed fundraising strategy.
- To arrange and attend face to face meetings with corporate contacts in order to directly solicit major gifts for Rockinghorse.
- To raise income from companies to contribute toward the fulfilment of the income budget set by the Head of Fundraising.
- To raise awareness of the organisation’s work within the corporate sector.
- The region you will be covering for this role will be pan Sussex including the charity’s core area of Brighton & Hove
3. Main responsibilities
New business development
- Develop a range of tailored approaches in order to secure partnerships based on funding, sponsorship, cause related marketing, and employee involvement.
- Implement donor cultivation programmes, targeting lapsed and current donors, as well as new potential partners (develop Rockinghorse corporate supporters programme).
- Develop and implement market research strategies that target companies based in the region, which subsequently exhibit an affinity for private – public sector partnerships.
- Stay abreast of market developments such as new fundraising products, corporate trends, trusts and competitor activity.
- Develop and deliver new business presentations at all levels of senior management.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the organisation in order to devise and maintain an effective mix of fundraising products and proposals such as event and website sponsorship, employee fundraising, gifts in kind and staff secondment.
- You will be expected to attend many of the Sussex corporate networking events and feel confident in speaking at these events to promote the charity should the opportunity arise.
- Maintain effective and efficient account management of all relationships so that achievable partnership objectives are agreed beforehand so that a range of altruistic and commercial benefits are delivered.
- Plan to work to detailed schedules, and to coordinate with the activities of internal colleagues, clients and their agencies to meet financial targets and deadlines.
Financial management and administration
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of prospects, applications, responses and follow-ups, both on paper and using the database, to build a rolling trust fundraising programme for the charity.
- Provide financial data to the Finance Manager & CEO to assist in forecasting.
Wider relationships and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to identify funding opportunities and maximise income and awareness raising.
- Ensure all activities comply with charity, tax and other statutory requirements.
- Undertake other tasks within Rockinghorse as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive.
- Attend Rockinghorse key events including annual fundraising ball etc.
- Any additional duties as may be reasonably required by a senior manager within the scope of the above.
- This document forms part of the post holder’s contractual terms and conditions of employment.
- The document is not an exhaustive list of core elements of the role. This job description is a working document and may be amended from time to time by mutual agreement.
The postholder hereby agrees not to disclose any confidential or sensitive information to a third party or outside organisation except where required to do so by law.
Health and Safety
The postholder agrees to abide by Rockinghorse’s Health and Safety principles and code of conduct and to take all reasonable steps to ensure both their own safety in the work place as well as that of their colleagues.
- Previous experience of working within the Sussex charity sector
- Previous experience of working with Sussex businesses as part of your role within the charity sector
- Understanding of the Sussex corporate market
- Account management experience within the corporate sector
Education / Qualifications
- A good standard of education
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A vocational marketing qualification or equivalent
- Member of Institute of Fundraising
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to plan, formulate and deliver tailored funding proposals to match donor/customer needs in accordance with priorities
- Excellent networker at all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Skilled at presenting complex issues and data in a compelling and understandable way
- Ability to work towards individual financial targets
- Sound financial awareness including the ability to understand and prepare budgets
- Good research skills
- Good computer skills eg – Microsoft Office, databases
- Knowledge of the not for profit sector
- Knowledge of the geographically areas of East, West and Mid-Sussex
- Knowledge of the corporate networking groups within Sussex
- Proven track record in fundraising or revenue generation and achieving targets
- Good negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Analytical skills
- Effective communicator
- Excellent writing skills
- Driver with access to a car
- Creative and innovative
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – Charity CEO.
Deadline for applications Friday 24th November 2017