Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Marketing & Communication Officers, Community Advocate, volunteers.
Base: Eastbourne & Brighton - working across East Sussex
Hours: 30-37 per week
Salary: £25,000 (pro-rata for part time) plus potential for incentive
Contract: 1 year initially may be extended
Reporting to the CEO, the job holder will develop and deliver comprehensive marketing and business development plans to meet the strategic and business objectives of East Sussex Credit Union.
The role is responsible for developing and delivering a growth strategy for East Sussex Credit Union. This includes responsibility for the business development and marketing activities required to build membership, generate profitable revenue growth and achieve financial sustainability.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Strategic partnerships - Work with the CEO to identify and develop new and existing strategic partnerships working with Local Government, Housing Associations, Trade Unions and corporate bodies in both the private and voluntary sector.
- Publicise the mission of ESCU and why local people and businesses would benefit from membership.
- Develop and deliver an integrated, cost effective business development plan and budget to include appropriate online and offline activities.
- Develop and deliver plans to increase the membership base, savings and loans and take up of other services
- Plan and deliver promotion of member benefits, products and services to increase take up from existing members
- Plan and execute campaigns to increase membership from existing payroll deduction employers and sign up new companies to the ESCU ‘Payroll Deduction’ schemes
- Identify and initiate opportunities to raise business profile with key stakeholders to develop the brand of East Sussex Credit Union.
- Community events - Ensure attendance at community events and give presentations, talks, information services and advice.
- Marketing materials - Oversee creation of marketing materials/collateral to support membership, business development activities and the promotion of the brand of East Sussex Credit Union.
- Overall responsibility for development of the the digital presence of East Sussex Credit Union, including website, social media activities and digital development activities
- Build and line manage, the Business Development Team to achieve business targets and ensure maximum member satisfaction.
- Manage proactively all partnership and business relationships, ensuring clients are always treated fairly and in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the business.
- Management of agreed business development and marketing projects with responsibility for planning, management, co-ordination and financial control and overall delivery as agreed in project scope.
- Oversee production of customer and partner communications, market and behavioural research and timely media activities, providing comment on topical issues, to develop and support positive media relationships.
- Analyse the success and cost effectiveness of new and existing marketing/business development campaigns
- Develop and deliver all promotional events on time and within budget.
- Management reporting for Board meetings and support and guidance for the board on brand, marketing and business development planning
- Membership of advice panels and steering groups in the community to raise the profile of ESCU and ensuring a database of contacts or partners is maintained.
- The post holder will undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required of a senior manager, and will be expected to work effectively with others in order to make a positive contribution to the work of the organisation.
- The post holder will be expected to keep under review his/her own training needs and attend training or other developmental activities from time to time as appropriate.
- The organisation is committed to achieving equality of opportunities in both services to the community and in the employment of people. The post holder is expected to understand and promote this and all other policies of the organisation.
- The post holder will be willing to travel for work.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we do not accept CVs. Please refer to our website to download application forms and email them to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 10th December 2017
Interviews will be held on: 14th December 2017