Sales Administration Apprenticeship
6 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for Sales and Marketing Administration as allocated by the Sales Manager.
- Effective management of LSi circulation, including paid, controlled, PLASA Members and marketing lists.
- Completion of ABC Returns to ensure consistent circulation figures.
- Processing and selling up recruitment advertising in LSi (print and online).
- Ensuring maximum retention of smaller advertisers by repeat selling to recruitment and marketplace advertisers.
- Ensuring all email and online advertising publishes correctly and on time.
- Processing and recording all PLASA Events sales accurately.
- Ensuring media and events sales ledgers are accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintaining up-to-date floorplans for PLASA events.
- Ensuring the sales teams’ contracts, confirmations and related administration is recorded accurately and promptly.
- To assist the Commercial Manager with ad-hoc tasks (Travel/ research/analysis) as required.
- Adding new, paid and free (UK & Overseas) LSi Magazine subscribers and processing payments.
- Accurately preparing monthly LSi mailing lists for the printers.
- Maintaining an up to date circulation database/ mailing list.
- Ensuring key decision makers receive a copy of LSi each month.
- Sending monthly paid subscription renewals.
- Checking returns and removing records to ensure the list stays clean.
- Notifying lapsed PLASA members that they are no longer eligible to a free subscription – encouraging them to renew Membership or take out a paid subscription.
- Processing monthly reports on numbers of paid, controlled and ‘marketing’ copies of LSi distributed.
- Ensuring the total circulation remains within agreed high and low limits.
- Copy chasing for online banners, obtaining correct artwork and links.
- Uploading online marketplace ads as required.
- Ensuring lapsed Marketplace advertisers are contacted for renewal.
- Ensuring clients send in correct content for third party e-mails and e-mail banners.
- Passing on tests and notifying clients of necessary changes, liaising with the sales and production team as required.
- Obtaining client approval for 3rd party e-mails.
- Checking content of weekly Newsletters before deployment.
- Providing clients with e-mail statistics where required.
- Upselling ads for incoming recruitment enquiries in both the mag and online, getting confirmations sent out, signed and filed – hitting LSi Weekly News targets as agreed with Commercial Manager.
- Obtaining artwork and content for both online and print recruitment ads.
- Uploading recruitment ads to LSi Online.
- Maintain high levels of customer service including providing clients with ad statistics when required.
Working week 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week with flexible working, 37.5
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 15 Jan 2018
The essential skills for the role include:
- Communication: Has a polite, open and courteous manner. Puts others at ease and builds collaborative relationships. Remains positive at all times and views others positively and with respect. Shows empathy, integrity, tenacity, honesty, trustworthiness and determination. Written communication is clear and understandable. Checks spelling, grammar, punctuation and that the sentence makes sense. Uses email carefully at all times and applies all the necessary checks as above.
- Time Management and Personal Organisation: Is punctual at all times. Is willing and eager to seek out and/or accept additional responsibilities. Keeps promises. Achieves business and personal objectives within agreed deadlines / timescales. Adopts an ‘If it needs doing – do it now and do it correctly’ approach. Organises and maintains an effective filing system.
- Customer Service Excellence: Makes each internal and external contact feel important by having empathy for their needs, asking the right questions and providing the right solutions and administrative support. Manages complaints promptly and takes ownership of the process from start to finish.
- Relationship Management: Builds sound working and collaborative relationships with internal sales colleagues, staff and external customers.
- Personal organisation and attention to detail: Excellent personal organisation skills. Keeps calm and focussed under pressure. All outputs are handled with total accuracy and on time.
- Multi-Tasking: Manages many and varied tasks at the same time with attention to detail and by deadline.
- IT Systems and Procedures: Understands and totally competent in the use of all computer systems. It is desirable to have:
At least one years’ experience of managing administration tasks in a small to medium sized company.
- Well dressed and presentable.
- Patient and shows empathy when dealing with challenging internal and external customer enquiries.
- Able to plan a daily and weekly workload and can work the plan.
It is essential to have evidence of a good standard of education at GCSE level or equivalent.
There will potentially be a Sales Executive role available at the end of the apprenticeship which you can apply for.