Online Content Developer
About the role:
Working across our Contact Centres, this role reports to our Learning & Development Lead. The successful candidate will play a key role in effectively using technology to design, develop and deliver innovative learning solutions for use across the Group that deliver business results and engage learners.
In addition, a key area of focus is partnering with the business to understand their needs and engage with users whilst actively promoting awareness of online learning solutions and the benefits of the Learning Management System.
This role can be based either out of our Nottingham or Brighton Contact Centre.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Domestic & General. We are an international company with a proud 100-year heritage and ambitious plans for the future.
We have just embarked on one of the biggest transformation programmes in our sector, and it's set to secure our position as the leading appliance care provider, define our future, and make us renowned for outstanding customer service. We have a presence in 10 countries across the world with our head office based in South West London. We are owned by a leading private equity investor, led by a strong board and executive team, and we are very ambitious - an aspiration matched by our growth potential. We are driving a significant transformation of our operating model, which means that our people have greater opportunities to grow, develop and progress their careers within a high-performing organisation.
Most importantly, about you:
- Work with the business to design, develop and deliver online and blended learning solutions:
- Work collaboratively with the business and L&D teams to identify areas where learning will make a difference by improving business performance
- Use consultancy skills to propose learning solutions to address business needs
- Work with SME's to determine appropriate learning content
- Apply instructional design theories to create well structured, engaging courses that educate, embed knowledge and deliver the intended, and measurable, results
- Develop innovative interactive online learning content using a range of media including audio and video
- Design and develop simulation exercises and quizzes that complement the online learning modules
- Ensure that learning is developed to a consistently high quality and meets our company branding guidelines, internal standards and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the internal quality assurance cycle to review and evaluate all online learning developed internally
- Manage regular learning content reviews to incorporate revised product information and ensure adherence to business rules and compliance
- Ensure appropriate evaluation methods are used to determine return on investment of learning
- Load signed off material onto the Learning Management System
- Keep up to date with learning technologies and the online learning industry
You will have:
- Creative thinking and an innovative approach
- A strong 'can-do' attitude and thrive on working across multiple projects
- Great written and oral communications
- Excellent organisational skills to plan and manage time
- Strong attention to detail for quality assurance of online courses
- A natural passion for online learning and learning technologies
- The ability to consult/influence stakeholders and SME's
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of the training cycle - Training needs analysis, Design, Delivery and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of instructional design theories
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline
- Knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, SCORM and Tin Can
- Strong MS Office skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of designing and developing innovative interactive online learning solutions using a range of media including audio and video
In return, we offer:
- 25 days' holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Free life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Free warranty plan for all employees
- Employee discount on domestic appliance warranty protection
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Domestic & General Group is the UK's leading provider of warranty protection for domestic appliances. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes criminal record checks.